Each week I'll write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• Florida suffered more injury news as guard Scottie Wilbekin suffered an ankle injury in the loss to Connecticut. With Kasey Hill already sidelined with a high ankle sprain, coach Billy Donovan may be shorthanded going into a tough game Tuesday against Kansas.
• Sad to hear that Allan Chaney, who had stops at Virginia Tech and Florida before playing at High Point (N.C.), had to end his college career. He was playing with an internal defibrillator, but a recent heart scare ended his playing days.
• This season, the Battle 4 Atlantis in the Bahamas had a good field, including champion Villanova, Kansas and Iowa. Next season, it is truly loaded, with Florida, UCLA, North Carolina, Georgetown, Wisconsin, Butler, Oklahoma and UAB. No cupcake city there, baby!
• How about a salute to George Washington? Coach Mike Lonergan's team moved to 8-1 with a win over Maryland Sunday. The Colonials also have victories over Creighton, Miami and Rutgers this season.
• Stanford guard Aaron Bright, the 2012 NIT MVP, will miss the rest of the season with a dislocated shoulder. He was averaging almost six points per game coming off the bench for coach Johnny Dawkins.
• SMU coach Larry Brown got a tough break as bad weather postponed last weekend's home game against Hofstra. Now the Mustangs will make up the game on Jan. 19, meaning SMU will play three times in four days. That will not be easy.