It is really early, but every year we have some fun right after the season ends, looking ahead to which teams will contend next season.
It is a guessing game because you don't know all of the players coming back. There could be players transferring out, others going pro.
My friends, this is subject to change. Here are my Super Six teams for the 2014-15 campaign.
1. Kentucky: The names may change, but John Calipari will have a very talented team. It is about the name on the front of the jersey. The Cats will add newcomers such as Trey Lyles, Devin Booker, Tyler Ulis and Karl Towns Jr. Some of the players from the national runners-up will return, too.
2. Duke: Coach K has the top recruiting class in the nation, featuring Jahlil Okafor, Tyus Jones and Justise Winslow. Put that together with returning talent in Rasheed Sulaimon, Quinn Cook and Amile Jefferson, and this squad will be loaded. Jabari Parker and Rodney Hood have not announced their NBA plans yet, so there is still a shot at their return.
3. Kansas: Bill Self loses Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid, but the Jayhawks will remain talented. Perry Ellis, Frank Mason, Wayne Selden Jr., Conner Frankamp and Naadir Tharpe are all back. Add Cliff Alexander and Kelly Oubre in a talented recruiting class and Rock Chalk, Jayhawk will be fired up.
4. Arizona: It will be Johnson and Johnson as Nick Johnson is joined by diaper dandy Stanley Johnson. It also helps to have T.J. McConnell, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Kaleb Tarczewski and Brandon Ashley returning. Sean Miller has a legitimate contender.
5. North Carolina: Yes, the Tar Heels are losing James Michael McAdoo, but Roy Williams has a lot of players returning. Marcus Paige will be one of the premier guards in America. Kennedy Meeks, Nate Britt, Brice Johnson, J.P. Tokoto and Isaiah Hicks will be back in Carolina blue. Add Justin Jackson and Theo Pinson and the future is bright.