Each week, I write about the sport I love, college basketball:
• The end of August brought even more transfer news. Former Michigan State forward Kenny Kaminski landed at Ohio University. He will play for new coach Saul Phillips.
• Big man Zach Price, who had stops at Louisville and Missouri already, will play at Winthrop next. His eligibility for the 2014-15 season is pending a waiver from the NCAA. Price sat out the 2013-14 season with the Tigers due to NCAA transfer rules and was dismissed from the team last March following an altercation with a teammate.
• Guard Aaron Brown has landed at Boston College after transferring from Southern Mississippi. He was a double-figure scorer with the Golden Eagles last season, and should team with Olivier Hanlan in a solid backcourt.
• Congrats to Michigan coach John Beilein, who was been named the 2013-14 recipient of the NCAA's Bob Frederick Sportsmanship Award. He is truly deserving of the honor.
• I was sorry to learn of the passing of former Villanova and Rhode Island coach Jack Kraft at age 93. May he rest in peace.
• Trayvon Reed, who previously committed to Maryland before an off-court incident, is now going to Auburn. The 7-foot-1 Reed is expected to be eligible for the second semester this season. Bruce Pearl has done an incredible job of bringing in new talent at Auburn.