Top five athletes
1. Barry Bonds, San Francisco Giants: 73 HRs, 137 RBI, .328, .863 slugging, NL MVP.
2. Lance Armstrong: Crushed the field in winning third straight Tour de France.
3. Randy Johnson, Arizona Diamondbacks: 21-6, 2.49 ERA, 372 K's, Cy Young, World Series MVP.
4. Sammy Sosa, Chicago Cubs: 64 HRs, 160 RBI, 146 runs, .737 slugging.
5. Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles Lakers: 28.7 points, 12.7 rebounds, Finals MVP.
Top five teams
1. Miami football (12-0). Outscored opponents 512-117.
2. Colorado Avalanche (118 points). Dominant year wrapped up with Game 7 win over New Jersey.
3. Arizona Diamondbacks (92-70). Won World Series with two runs in bottom of 9th of Game 7.
4. Seattle Mariners (116-46). Lost in ALCS, but won record 116 games.
5. Duke basketball (35-4). Coach K wins third national championship.
Milwaukee Brewers into Miller Park
Pittsburgh Pirates into PNC Park
Pittsburgh Steelers into Heinz Field
Denver Broncos into Invesco Field at Mile High
Dallas Mavericks and Stars into American Airlines Arena
Pop culture trivia
Oscar winner: A Beautiful Mind
Most popular TV show: Friends
Top of the Pops: Hanging By A Moment, Lifehouse
Fiction bestseller: Desecration, Jerry B. Jenkins and Tim LaHaye
Nonfiction bestseller: The Prayer of Jabez, Bruce Wilkinson
Pop culture potpourri: Harry Potter and Britney Spears absorb too many brain cells; Xbox and GameCube duke it out in video-game wars; Enron goes bust.