12 of 25
Refinished golf balls
By Jason Sobel
Ever wonder what happens to your fresh, new golf ball after you tee it up and shank it out of play? Knetgolf -- the world's largest combined recycler and refinisher of premium, preowned, brand-name golf balls -- recovers golf balls from more than 2,000 exclusive golf resorts in the Southwest and puts them through a proprietary, leading-edge cleansing process to ensure top condition. The refurbished "one-hit-wonder" Titleist, Callaway and Nike balls are then offered at half price or better directly to the golf public. You'll hardly be alone in taking advantage of this opportunity, either; the company expects to sell more than 20 million balls in 2009.
$5 and up per dozen
MORE HOLIDAY GUIDES
- From computers to eBooks and deluxe recliners, check out these high-tech gadgets.
- ESPN.com's Jason Sobel pulls a bunch of gift ideas from his holiday golf bag.
- Video Games
- For the gamers on your list, we've got gadgets and plenty of hot video games.
- Gifts for Women
- Guys, our expert panel of women has some great gift ideas to please your gals.
- Books and DVDs
- We'll feature plenty of books and DVDs to please hard-core and casual sports fans.
- Page 2
- Page 2's contributors have dug deep to uncover some unusual gift ideas.