When it comes to holiday gift giving, I've been told that I'm a person's worst nightmare to shop for. If there's an item I've been admiring, I will usually go out and get it myself. That means, when the holidays roll around, there really isn't much on my "wish list." A few years back, a close friend came up with a great idea that is one of the most memorable and cherished gifts I have received.
It was a donation to my favorite charity in my name. I received a receipt with an undisclosed dollar amount in a card from a cause in which I have always been a big believer (UNICEF). The note further detailed all the different ways the donation would impact this particular cause. It was such a thoughtful and inspiring gift. When I think back to meaningful holiday seasons, this particular gesture continues to stand out.
MORE HOLIDAY GUIDES
- From computers to eBooks and deluxe recliners, check out these high-tech gadgets.
- ESPN.com's Jason Sobel pulls a bunch of gift ideas from his holiday golf bag.
- Video Games
- For the gamers on your list, we've got gadgets and plenty of hot video games.
- Gifts for Women
- Guys, our expert panel of women has some great gift ideas to please your gals.
- Books and DVDs
- We'll feature plenty of books and DVDs to please hard-core and casual sports fans.
- Page 2
- Page 2's contributors have dug deep to uncover some unusual gift ideas.