LOS ANGELES -- Is it possible Mark Cuban, Floyd Mayweather
Jr. or Wayne Newton can dance? Viewers will find out on the new
season of "Dancing With the Stars," which has assembled another
eclectic field of contestants.
Cuban, the billionaire Dallas Mavericks owner, welterweight
boxing champ Mayweather and Las Vegas headliner Newton are among
the 12 celebrities who will compete when the show returns Sept. 24,
ABC announced Wednesday.
The rest of the field:
• Melanie Brown, aka "Scary Spice" and Mel B.
• Sabrina Bryan of Disney Channel's "Cheetah Girls."
• Indianapolis 500 champion Helio Castroneves.
• Actress Jennie Garth ("Beverly Hills, 90210").
• Model-actress Josie Maran.
• Soap star Cameron Mathison ("All My Children").
• Singer Marie Osmond.
• Model Albert Reed.
• Actress Jane Seymour ("Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman").
As in past seasons, each celebrity will be paired with a
professional dancer. In the contest that ended in May, Olympic gold
medalist Apolo Anton Ohno beat out former 'N Sync star Joey Fatone
to win the dance-off's mirror-ball trophy.
Other champions were soap opera star Kelly Monaco, NFL
record-holder Emmitt Smith and former 98 Degrees member Drew