Food is on my mind almost all the time.
On one of the biggest barbecue weekends of the year, my mind is naturally consumed with hotdogs and hamburgers (not to mention potato salad, macaroni salad, s'mores, yankee doodles, etc.).
In celebration of those two most wonderful of all American foods, listed below are five of the greatest quotes ever about hotdogs, hamburgers and sports.
Five great quotes about hot dogs and hamburgers in sports
1. "A hotdog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz."
-- Humphrey Bogart
2. "Do you know what I miss most about baseball? The pine tar, the resin, the grass, the dirt -- and that's just in the hot dogs."
-- David Letterman, said during the baseball strike
3. "I'm going to eat hamburgers and cheeseburgers. I'm going to belly bump him all over the ring."
-- George Foreman, on his fighting strategy against Evander Holyfield
4. "Improve my English quickly, because I don't want to eat hot dogs every day."
-- Martin Mainville, French speaking minor-league baseball player, on his goal for the year
5. "There isn't enough mustard in the world to cover Reggie Jackson."
-- Darold Knowles, on considering Reggie Jackson a hotdog
To read more sports quotes, check it out here.