Mac and cheese too bland?
Just add dynamite.
Kraft Foods is reportedly the front-runner to sponsor next year's demolition of Texas Stadium.
In fact, Page 2 loves the notion of corporate-sponsored Ka-Bloom! so much that we'd like to attach our name to the inevitable "Hurt Locker" denouement of sports items which have outlived their usefulness. Behold, our list:
- Notre Dame's "Play Like A Champion Today" sign
- Vinny Del Negro's office
- A giant pile of Michael Jordan Washington Bullets throwback jerseys, a la Disco Demolition Night
- The remains of the SpyGate tapes previously destroyed by the NFL, just to make double-sure no one can ever get a competitive advantage from them, since that's the only conceivable reason anyone would hastily destroy said tapes in the first place
- The pretense of a good relationship between Mike Leach and Texas Tech University
- Mascot CO2 cannons that fail to reach the upper bowl, even though that's where fans who could most benefit from a free T-shirt are sitting
- Whatever MLB bylaws prevent the Pittsburgh Pirates from being relegated to Triple-A
- The Dallas Cowboys' new stadium, since it won't be needed for more than one playoff game, anyway.