With the Boston Celtics one victory away from reaching the NBA Finals, Page 2 has decided to come up with the top five quotes about the Celtics. Many of them are from my book "Basketball Shorts -- 1001 of the funniest one-liners about basketball". Check out more at my website.
1. "They don't buy all those banners at Woolworths."
-- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, on all the championship banners at Boston Garden
2. "Young man, you have the question backwards."
-- Bill Russell, after a reporter asked him how he would have fared against Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. "You know Doc is a nickname, correct."
-- Glenn 'Doc' Rivers, on being asked how long Kevin Garnett would be out with a strained abdominal muscle
4. "I told Robert we'd probably get ours during a 20-second timeout."
-- Kevin McHale, on the ceremony he and Robert Parish will get when they retire compared to Larry Bird
5. "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."
-- Hall of Fame coach Red Auerbach