We are certainly very familiar with the role of dads in sports. To celebrate their roles on Father's Day, I have put together five of the all-time greatest quotes about dads in sports.
Top Five Dads in Sports Quotes
1. "My father looked at the check and then told the scout, 'Throw in another hundred and you can take the rest of the family.'" -- former baseball player Joe Dugan, signed to a $500 contract in the early 1920s
2. "Dad taught me everything I know, but he would never tell me anything he knew." -- race car driver Al Unser, Jr.
3. "I didn't hire Scott because he's my son. I hired him because I'm married to his mother." -- Frank Layden, on hiring his son as assistant coach
4. "I signed with the Milwaukee Braves for $3,000. That bothered my dad at the time because he didn't have that kind of dough to pay out. But eventually he scraped it up." --- former baseball player and announcer Bob Uecker
5. "As in red light. You know, no more kids." -- boxing legend George Foreman, asked why his ninth child is named Red
To read more sports quotes, check it out here.