With Bobby Bowden retired and the Florida State Seminoles crushing Samford on Saturday, I thought it'd be appropriate to list my five favorite quotes from Bowden from my website:
5. "You want to know what a real test of faith is? That's when you go to church and reach into your pocket and all you've got is a $20 bill."
4. "They look so good to me. I'm amazed they're not on strike."
-- Bobby Bowden on Florida State losing to the University of Miami during the NFL strike
3. "I know their mother -- she'd give them all my plays."
-- Bowden, on why he doesn't want to play against his sons' teams
2. "He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear. In fact, I just saw his grades and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words."
-- Bowden, on one of his players
And my No. 1 favorite quote from Bowden, drum roll please
1. "The Good Lord might not want to take me, but He might be after the pilot."
-- Bowden, on his fear of small planes