Happy New Year! Unless you are nursing a hangover, sports fans think of only one thing on New Year's Day -- bowl games.
Even though the BCS championship game is not played for another week or so, there are enough bowl games available to keep even the casual football fan interested.
In honor of New Year's Day, here are five great bowl game quotes:
1. "The Rose Bowl is the only bowl I've seen that I did not have to clean."
-- humorist Erma Bombeck
2. "In 1983, we got official Holiday Bowl watches. This year they told us, if we came back, they'll fix our official Holiday Bowl watches."
-- Glen Kozlowski, on Brigham Young returning to the Holiday Bowl in 1984
3. "Bowl games are not fun unless you win."
-- former coach Darrell Royal
4. "I'm glad we're not going to the Gator Bowl."
-- Lou Holtz, on being pelted with oranges when his Arkansas team was in the Orange Bowl
5. "When you're kind of the ugly stepsister, you just go to the prom with whoever asks you."
-- Larry Coker, former University of Miami coach, on not playing in a BCS Bowl Game
For more sports quotes, check out my site.