It is a great treat when, by the luck of the schedule, No. 1 plays No. 2. Can't wait to see LSU and Alabama face each other Saturday night. I thought it would be fun to look back at the greatest quotes of Alabama legend, Bear Bryant, from my book "Football Shorts, 1,001 of the Game's Funniest One Liners."
1. "I don't hire anyone not brighter than I am. If they're not brighter than I am, then I don't need them."
2. "The last time I received anything from the NCAA, it was probation."
-- on receiving an award from the NCAA for becoming the all-time winningest college football coach
3. "If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, the team did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you."
4. " 'Bout all I did was stick with it."
-- on passing Amos Alonzo Staggs to become the winningest college football coach
5. "It's the one where the player pitches the ball back to the official after scoring a touchdown."
-- asked to describe his favorite play
For more sports quotes, check out my site.
TMQ unleashes America's original all-haiku NFL predictions. (09/7/10)
Andy Roddick loves using Twitter to get his message out. (09/5/10)
Troy Polamalu has his hair insured for $1 million. Who else needs coverage? (09/3/10)
There's nothing wrong with Manny Ramirez flying his barber to Boston. (09/3/10)
Page 2 selects the second class of the Preseason Hall of Fame. (09/2/10)
Uni Watch delivers news about new Nike college foootball gear. (09/1/10)
... WHERE WE HEARTILY SALUTE YOUR INITIATIVE FOR SCROLLING THIS FAR DOWN THE PAGE
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK