As a lifetime basketball fan, I am glad the ridiculous strike is over. In celebration of the NBA season, here are five all-time great NBA quotes, some of which are from my book, "Basketball Shorts, 1001 of basketball's funniest one liners."
1. "It's against the law to be this talented, this beautiful, this smart, this sexy. I don't mean penal-code law. I mean laws of nature."
2. "It's not going to be peaches and gravy all the time."
-- Brad Miller, on the struggles of the Pacers
3. "Chemistry is a class you teach in high school or college, where you figure out that two plus two is 10, or something."
-- Dennis Rodman, on arguing that chemistry is overrated in basketball
4. "I'm in favor of it as long as it is multiple choice."
-- Kurt Rambis, on drug testing in the NBA
5. "I'm a little nervous. My sister is expecting a baby and I'm wondering if I'm going to be an aunt or an uncle."
-- Chuck Nevitt, former NBA player
For more sports quotes, check out my site.
TMQ unleashes America's original all-haiku NFL predictions. (09/7/10)
Andy Roddick loves using Twitter to get his message out. (09/5/10)
Troy Polamalu has his hair insured for $1 million. Who else needs coverage? (09/3/10)
There's nothing wrong with Manny Ramirez flying his barber to Boston. (09/3/10)
Page 2 selects the second class of the Preseason Hall of Fame. (09/2/10)
Uni Watch delivers news about new Nike college foootball gear. (09/1/10)
... WHERE WE HEARTILY SALUTE YOUR INITIATIVE FOR SCROLLING THIS FAR DOWN THE PAGE
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK