Across the pond in the United Kingdom, the Royal Mint has produced a new 50-pence coin that explains the offside rule in soccer.
Perhaps the United States should follow suit. Here's a sampling of sports conundrums that Page 2 would like to see explained on coinage:
• The infield fly rule
the infield fly rule? Pretty much nothing. Exactly.
• The college football celebration penalty
• Traveling in the NBA versus traveling on any other basketball court in the universe
• Completing the process of making a catch as the receiver goes to the ground
• Why USC got a two-year bowl ban, Ohio State got only a one-year ban and Auburn got ... jack squat
• What, exactly, constitutes "a football move"?
• What, exactly, constitutes a balk?
• When is it charging? When is it flopping?
• How Boise State and San Diego State got invited to the Big East
• The tuck rule
What sports rules would you like to see explained on United Sates currency? Post your ideas in the comments section.