Perhaps you read the report about a man who had his coveted Masters tickets eaten by his dog? If not, Greg Hardy has the details here.
Apparently the man and his friends were given replacement tickets after sending Augusta National a photo of the upchucked tickets. But suppose they had to carry the tickets' remains with them? Imagine the conversation at the front gate:
• Attendant: "May I see your tickets please?"
• "Here they are. Want to hold them?"
• "Uh, no, you're good. Have a nice day."
And that's the kind of eavesdropped conversation that is the basis for our reader-generated list. The amazing thing about this week's entries is that the golfer mentioned most was not Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson or Rory McIlroy. No, the most mentioned golfer was John Daly. He was in Augusta on Wednesday but not preparing for the Masters. Instead he was serving as head rules official for the Hooters Wing-Eating World Championship.
To each his own.
But what else may be said this week on the hallowed grounds? You took some great guesses, included those in this week's list:
Top 10 Comments Overheard At Augusta National
10. Patron: "You know why the grass looks so great? Brett Favre was on his riding lawnmower here all week 'cause a guy has got to work, you know?" said Rickie H. of Norfolk, Va. (I know, Rickie was playing on my fondness for Favre, but what can I tell you? I'm weak.)
9. Caddie: "It's got to be 120 degrees in this jumpsuit. I'm sweating like John Daly at the wing-eating contest," said Kevin C. of Silver Spring, Md. (Told you so.)
Read More »
TMQ unleashes America's original all-haiku NFL predictions. (09/7/10)
Andy Roddick loves using Twitter to get his message out. (09/5/10)
Troy Polamalu has his hair insured for $1 million. Who else needs coverage? (09/3/10)
There's nothing wrong with Manny Ramirez flying his barber to Boston. (09/3/10)
Page 2 selects the second class of the Preseason Hall of Fame. (09/2/10)
Uni Watch delivers news about new Nike college foootball gear. (09/1/10)
... WHERE WE HEARTILY SALUTE YOUR INITIATIVE FOR SCROLLING THIS FAR DOWN THE PAGE
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK