Tim Tebow voted having worst hair
What a battle, it was hair-to-hair all the way.
From the moment votes began clicking in for the "All-Time Worst Hair in Sports," it was obvious that the examples of really bad hair in sports are countless. We even had a high number of votes from outside the United States as soccer fans from New Hampshire to New Delhi nominated various players whose 'do's were actually don'ts.
Still, despite the wide variety of nominations, it was always a two-cut battle between a baseball player from the recent past and a football player from the here-and-now.
Randy Johnson -- your infamous mullet in the '90's with the Mariners was historic and you brought it back in wavy glory in Arizona but it's "retired" now. How quickly we forget as your mullet was barely beaten by a "hairstyle" that was brief but awful.
Tim Tebow, Denver monk.
Tebow had his head turned into a sickly gray dome with a fringe around it as part of a rookie hazing by other Denver Broncos. He was quickly allowed to shave it all off and then let his hair grow back -- but not before you saw it and apparently were scared forever.
• "If Tim Tebow as a monk is not No. 1, you might as well not even make this list," said Josh R., Boulder, of Colorado. Guess it was fortunate for us, then, that he is No. 1.
• "Hey, Tebow, Friar Tuck called and even he doesn't want that hair back," said Bryan H., of Torrance, Calif.
So we know who "won" but, in a sense, every name on this list is a "winner," because all could make you run screaming into the night. Here's the list:
Top 10 All-Time Worst Hair in Sports
1. Tim Tebow -- "Yikes. He looked like a plucked chicken," said Nik R., of New Delhi, India.
2. Randy Johnson -- "Stringy, greasy, just plain nasty. Hands down, the worst hair ever!" said Lisa A., of Benson, N.C.
3. Dennis Rodman -- "Oh those glorious colors! Ron Artest and others can try to imitate the master but nobody in sports has ever been more creative -- in a terrible way -- with their hair," said Fred C., of Nashville.
4. Pete Rose -- "Pete's hair wasn't just bad, it was versatile," said William A., of Buffalo, N.Y. (And, no, we have no idea what William means.)
5. Chad Ochocinco -- "Thankfully that blond mohawk was hidden under his helmet most of the time because it looked like a small animal had died on his head," said Bill P., of Tualatin, Ore.
6. Andre Agassi -- "At least the others on this list had their own hair. If Agassi wins the 'Worst Hair' trophy, he'll have to say, 'Thanks to Buckets the horse, because none of this would have been possible without his help,'" said Casey M., of Columbia, S.C.
7. Al Davis -- "What's left of his hair is comparable to what's left of the Raiders' defense," said Corban C., of Oklahoma City, Okla.
8. Tom Brady -- "You know how they say the NFL is putting a skirt on its quarterbacks? Tom Brady has the hair to match," said Jim G., of Boston.
9. Carlos Valderrama -- "During the '90's his hairdo made Sideshow Bob run to the hills in shame. I never did figure out what he was hiding beneath those wacky, bushy locks," said Carlos F., of Asuncion, Paraguay.
10. Collective armpit votes -- Distressing how many "armpit hair" votes were received. A lot of support for certain Olympic swim teams from the '70's plus one former Celtic player that Matt L., of Lebanon, N.H., said looked like "he had a couple of black-haired Muppets in a headlock."
Many others were named and just missing the top 10 were: Jaromir Jagr, Tiger Woods, Tim Lincecum, Pedro Martinez, Kyle Orton, Ronaldo, Bronson Arroyo and Randy Moss.
But there was one name conspicuous by its absence. Not one vote for Don King, once upon a time the king of boxing promotions?
How young are you people anyway?