LeBron James' Vertical Leap
4 of 6
Build a foundation of strength and power to build your vertical.
Glutes, hamstrings and quads.
- Starting position: Stand holding barbell on front of shoulders with elbows up.
- Initiating movement with your hips, squat back and down until the thighs are parallel to the floor, keeping your chest up and back flat throughout the movement. Do not let your knees slide forward past your toes.
- Return to standing position by pushing through the hips.
- Complete 3-4 sets of 5-8 repetitions.
ROMANIAN DEADLIFT - 2 Arm/1 Leg
Glutes, hamstrings and back
- Starting position: Stand on one foot while holding a dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip.
- Hinge over at the waist, lowering the dumbbells as the nonsupport leg lifts behind you. Your torso and leg should move as one unit. Do not let your back round during the movement.
- Return to standing position by contracting your hamstrings and glutes .
- Complete 3-4 sets of 5-8 repetitions for each leg.