AP Pro32 ballot from Judge
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clark Judge of CBSSports.com:
CLARK JUDGE (CBSSports.com)
1. Houston Texans -- The Texans' biggest obstacle isn't the NFC South; it's complacency.
2. Atlanta Falcons -- Four games into the season, and they're three ahead in the division. At this rate, the Falcons may clinch their division by Halloween.
3. Baltimore Ravens -- Say it ain't so, Joe: The Ravens can beat you with defense AND offense?
4. Arizona Cardinals -- I don't care that they're winning ugly. They're winning.
5. San Francisco 49ers -- I don't care what happened in Minnesota. This is a team that won't go away.
6. Philadelphia Eagles -- They win when they commit turnovers. They win when they don't. Plus, their defense protects the fourth-quarter leads it did not a year ago. Connect the dots.
7. San Diego Chargers -- I don't know what to make of these guys. They tease you every year, yet the teams they've beaten this fall -- uh-huh, a combined 3-9.
9. Green Bay Packers -- Let's be honest: They should be 3-1, and they are the best team in their division.
10. New England Patriots -- The Patriots have defensive issues, particularly in the secondary, but they won't be enough to keep them from another division title.
11. New York Giants -- That was a tough loss to Philadelphia, but look at Big Blue's schedule. It's brutal.
13. Minnesota Vikings -- Their quarterback doesn't commit mistakes. Their defense is plugging holes. And they just ended an 11-game losing streak in the NFC North. Maybe it's time to get behind the Vikings.
15. St. Louis Rams -- Not only do they have a tough, physical and relentless defense. They have a quarterback who's starting to excel again.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers -- It's still too early to tell about these guys. My guess is we find out this weekend versus Eagles.
19. Dallas Cowboys -- The first-team offense has exactly three touchdowns the past three weeks. Suddenly, it looks as if there's a Doomsday Offense in Big D.
20. Washington Redskins -- There's only on thing RG3 can't do, and that's last the season getting hit like this.
21. Detroit Lions -- Consider this: The Lions are only 10 seconds away from 0-4.
22. Carolina Panthers -- Good Cam, bad Cam. All I know is that nobody makes enough plays for this team to take a giant step forward.
23. New York Jets -- Somebody start the bilge pumps. The Jets have sprung so many leaks they're starting to sink in the AFC East.
24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- I can't wait to see what happens when Greg Schiano's offense takes a knee. My only question is: How long do we wait?
27. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Not enough offense and not enough defense is no way to try to get ahead.
28. Oakland Raiders -- No longer do the Raiders lead the league in penalties. So don't tell me they're not making progress.
30. Kansas City Chiefs -- With 15 turnovers, the Chiefs already have more than they did in 2010. Look out below.
31. New Orleans Saints -- The more the Saints lose, the more Sean Payton looks like this season's Coach of the Year.
32. Cleveland Browns -- That's 13 losses in their last 14 games, and, no, that's never a good sign for a head coach about to gain a new boss.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Cincinnati Bengals Andy Dalton #14