AP Pro32 ballot from Pompei
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Dan Pompei of Chicago Tribune:
DAN POMPEI (Chicago Tribune)
1. Denver Broncos -- They have won 10 straight and have not played in a tight game since Nov. 18. They are far and away the hottest team in the AFC.
4. Seattle Seahawks -- They have scored 120 points more than their last three opponents and officially have become the team no one wants to play in the postseason.
5. San Francisco 49ers -- When they are on, they are as good as anyone. But occasionally, they are off.
6. New England Patriots -- They have not brought their "A" game for two straight weeks now.
7. Minnesota Vikings -- Adrian Peterson is banged up, but 11 men couldn't stop him from playing Sunday. And 11 men won't be able to stop him from playing well, either.
8. Houston Texans -- They have lost two of three and now must play at Indianapolis, where they have lost 10 straight.
9. Washington Redskins -- RG3 has one more chance to make the Redskins a playoff team and to make himself rookie of the year.
11. Indianapolis Colts -- They will get an emotional boost from the return of Chuck Pagano this week, as if they need one.
12. Cincinnati Bengals -- They are locked in as the sixth seed in the playoffs, but Marvin Lewis is saying they won't put their feet up and coast this week.
13. Chicago Bears -- We know they can beat a bad team, but they have not beaten a good team in a long time.
14. New York Giants -- Sunday against the Ravens was a defining game for the 2012 Giants. As a result of the loss, they likely won't have any more opportunities for defining games.
16. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Be careful what you wish for, angry Steelers fans. Firing Mike Tomlin is not the answer.
17. New Orleans Saints -- The best they can hope for is to finish the season with a three game win streak and a .500 record.
18. Dallas Cowboys -- Their season up to this point has been defined by meltdowns, the latest of which happened Sunday against the Saints.
20. Carolina Panthers -- After a 2-8 start, they have won four of their last five. Winning their finale would make a strong argument to retain Ron Rivera.
22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- This is how you define streakiness -- losing three in a row, winning five of six, and then losing five straight.
24. San Diego Chargers -- They are playing their best football of the season when it's too late to matter.
25. Buffalo Bills -- They will finish in last place for the fifth straight year and miss the playoffs for the 13th straight year. You think changes are coming?
31. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Mike Mularkey passed out baseball bats prior to the Jaguars' last game. This week, players are hoping for golf clubs.
32. Kansas City Chiefs -- It takes a bad team to run for 352 yards and lose.
http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index