Uganda's Kipsiro withdraws from worlds over death threat

Updated: March 25, 2015, 4:13 PM ET
Associated Press

KAMPALA, Uganda -- Two-time Commonwealth 10,000 meters champion Moses Kipsiro says he has withdrawn from the cross country world championships after receiving a death threat on his cellphone.

Kipsiro told The Associated Press on Wednesday he was "mentally tortured" by the threat and said he would not travel to China for the cross country worlds this weekend.

Kipsiro retained his 10,000 meters title at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow last year.


Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press

This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.


ESPN TOP HEADLINES