In the next seven days—likely sooner, honestly—you'll see at least three news conferences where a player holds up a new jersey and smiles next to the GM and the manager. In most cases (read: all), this won't be Dayton Moore and Trey Hillman in Kansas City. (Reality can be a real kick in the shorts for small-market clubs.) Before CC, K-Rod and Manny (among others!) find new homes, we decided to cull together the most fun facts on all of 'em. Here ya go.
1. If CC Sabathia stays with the Brewers, Prince Fielder might want to watch his back.
2. The list of players that hail from Santo Domingo, DR reads like an all-star team: Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz, Pedro Martinez, Albert Pujols, Sammy Sosa, Moises Alou, Adrian Beltre and Francisco Cordero.
4. Adam Dunn is the Big Donkey.
6. In the TMI department, A.J. Burnett used to have nipple rings.
7. Sabathia can't play poker. He can't really bowl either.
8. Derek Lowe and Brad Ausmus are the only two active players that have been in the league for more than 10 years and have never been on the DL.
9. K-Rod has 13 (!) siblings.
10. There's a Teixeira tribute song. No, really.