Saturday morning, two days after Christmas? Whatcha gonna be doing? Watching the little tykes play with their Mickey Rourke action figures? Why are we asking so many questions? If you're smart, you'll watch Pat White's last college highlight reel unfurl in front of your very eyes at 1pm in the Meineke Car Care Bowl versus Butch Davis' UNC squad. With basketball fired back up in Chapel Hill, ya gotta figure these guys are taking a bit of a backseat, but Saturday is their show. So really, though: what's fun about this game? And really: do they make Mickey Rourke action figures?
1. West Virginia, energy efficient, well lubricated, and planning world domination!
2. What a novel idea…think they will run this play on Saturday?
5. If football doesn't work out, for Noel Devine, there's always jockeying or a remake of the Wizard of Oz as a member of the Lollipop Guild.
7. West Virginia is the winningest Football Bowl Subdivision team to have never won a championship with a 663-442-45 record.
8. Did anyone inform Mountaineer fans that they had a game coming up? More than 40,00 of the 73,504 tickets available for the Meineke Car Care Bowl have been purchased by Tar Heel fans.
10. Here's a great way to indoctrinate your kids into the Tar Heel World.