MLB Has Plan to Play in May & Lessons from Korean Baseball
Sources tell ESPN Senior MLB Insider Jeff Passan that Major League Baseball has a plan to resume in May, gathering all teams and isolating them in Arizona to minimize coronavirus risk. Hear the story of how that might work, and who's on board. Then, a firsthand look at how baseball has returned to South Korea. Scrimmages there are leading up to preseason games slated for later this month. Jeff Passan talks to pitcher Dan Straily, formerly of MLB, now of the Korean Baseball Organization's Lotte Giants, to detail the precautions his team is taking to keep their season on track amidst the pandemic.
A Virtual NFL Draft
Adam is joined by Buffalo Bills GM, Brandon Beane, to discuss the new virtual NFL Draft and what complications may arise. Then, Adam gets personal with former ESPN broadcaster Bob Ley as the two share stories surrounding the current state of sports and the world we are living in today. Adam also welcomes in Doctor Thom Mayer for the second week in a row to give us a medical update in relation to the NFL. Lastly, we close the show with an Ask Adam segment, that will become a regular segment moving forward, where Adam answers his fans' most pressing questions!
Most Recent Podcasts
The Stock Pitch
Stugotz and Stanczyk rank the top 5 all-time people with the name Ross before talking to Dodgers All-Star pitcher Ross Stripling about his secondary career as a stock broker, getting pulled from his major league debut with a no-hitter intact, and how Justin Turner stole Stugotz' idea about ending tie games with a HR Derby.
Bomani Jones shares why he thinks the "well what about" pressure being placed on leagues to re-start their seasons isn't worth it (2:09) and why he's not as happy about Mike Leach finally getting caught up for his wildin' tweets as everyone might think (21:44). Plus he dishes on a 2018 plot by then Michigan G Duncan Robinson to boycott the Final Four "open practice" (30:02), an IYHH with the passing of soul music legend Bill Withers (36:15) and your voicemails of sneaking around the house during these COVID-19 times (48:48).
Sports During Coronavirus; Tik Tok Theft
This week on the Rhoden Fellows podcast, Randall and Whitney discuss changes to the sports world and society following the spread of the Coronavirus. They also talk about TikTok and the social implications of the popular dances and songs on the growing app
Ben McDonald on Cal Ripken, Jr.'s Consecutive Game Streak
Ben McDonald chats with Buster about playing with Cal Ripken, Jr. when he broke Lou Gehrig's consecutive game streak (3:25). The guys discuss how the streak was relatable to the average fan, if Cal had special healing powers, wrestling in the locker room, how Cal signed an absurd amount of autographs that season and his commitment to playing hard even without any stakes. Later, Sarah Langs tallies up how many current consecutive game streaks would need to be added together to match Cal's (29:19). Plus, MLB eyes a May return and Buster shares a story about the late-Tigers Hall of Famer Al Kaline.
- Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser discuss the PGA Tour aiming to start in June, Bill O'Brien's explanation of the DeAndre Hopkins trade, if this is the best Naismith Hall of Fame class and much more.
- First Take is joined by Ryan Clark and Derek Fisher to discuss Kobe's ticket to the Hall of Fame, Jordan's greatest rival , UFC and more.
- How close is baseball to finding a solution to starting the season? We ask insider Buster Olney. Plus, Cal Ripken Jr., Mel Kiper Jr., and 2008 Masters Champ Trevor Immelman.
- Last night, Kawhi Leonard returned to Toronto and Brian Windhorst, Jackie MacMullan and Tim MacMahon discuss the Raptors' reception before asking the question: should Kawhi's jersey be retired? Then, the crew makes early All-Star roster predictions (12:27) before reacting to some confounding stats (21:42) and asking if any player would merit a 9-year contract like the one Gerrit Cole just signed with the New York Yankees (31:31).
- Zach talks to John Hollinger of The Athletic about trade buyers and sellers (3:33), Kevin Love (21:15), much more.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST
ESPN Originals30 for 30
Answering The Bell
Ariel Helwani's MMA Show
Around the Rim
Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian
Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective
Cheap Heat with Peter Rosenberg
Courtside with Greenberg & Dakich
Down & Distance
ESPN On Ice with Wyshynski and Kaplan
Fantasy Focus Baseball
Fantasy Focus Football
FiveThirtyEight: Hot Takedown
Laughter Permitted with Julie Foudy
Le Batard & Friends - Mystery Crate
Le Batard & Friends - South Beach Sessions
Le Batard & Friends - STUpodity
Marty Smith's America The Podcast
Matty & The Caddie
Sorry in Advance...The Golic Family Podcast
Sports? with Katie Nolan
Stanford Steve & The Bear
That's What She Said with Sarah Spain
The Adam Schefter Podcast
The Bill Barnwell Show
The College Football Podcast With Herbie & Pollack
The Lowe Post
The Mina Kimes Show featuring Lenny
The Right Time with Bomani Jones
The Undefeated: Rhoden Fellows
The Woj Pod
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Get the latest updates on Twitter. Follow us.