Tobe Nwigwe talks 'Music for the Movement'
Rapper Tobe Nwigwe joins Bomani Jones to discuss dealing with blackouts down in their hometown of Houston and the fame that hes accumulated since we last had him on the show in 2018 (1:23). He dives into his collaboration with The Undefeated on Music for the Movement and the cover of Wake Up Everybody by Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes he did for it (8:30). Plus, the biggest influence on his music (16:40), balancing artistry with fatherhood and what he sees coming for him in the future (29:47). Black History Always is the second volume in The Undefeateds exploration of protest music in America. The project examines the history of social injustice by reimagining iconic songs by and for Black America with contemporary artists and producers. Thematically, volume 2 balances the continued hardships impacting the Black community while finding space to celebrate Black beauty and provide messages of hope.
Snoop Dogg, Chris Rock & Desus & Mero
Stephen A Smith is joined by Snoop Dogg as they get into what projects he's working on, the spirit of the Lakers and more. Then, Chris Rock talks about the Nets' big three and his thoughts on the New York Knicks. Finally, Desus and Mero discuss how they went from podcast to hosting a late night tv show.
Most Recent Podcasts
Zach Lowe on NBA Mid-Season Leaders + Top Shot Update
The Utah Jazz are surprisingly the best team in the NBA. After demolishing the Los Angeles Lakers this week, the Jazz claimed the top spot in the Western Conference -- while the Philadelphia 76ers reign in the East. However, this season is far from over. ESPNs senior NBA writer Zach Lowe joins the show to dissect the biggest NBA storylines in his midseason report, including potential trades. Then Brian Windhorst returns for an update on NBA Top Shot, where more than $200 million dollars has now traded hands for digital collectibles.
Who Needs the Europa League Title Most?
The FC crew preview Manchester United's trip to Stamford Bridge and discuss the implications the result will have on the top 4 race. Plus, the guys look ahead to this weekend's Bundesliga action, debate Angelino's comments about Pep Guardiola and review the impact Jordan Henderson's absence will have on Liverpool's season.
DangerRuss times in Seattle?
Today our crew breaks down the latest news across the league including the drama between Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks. Do the Patriots look to the draft for their next QB and which player at 5 does our crew think is the perfect fit for the Bengals. Plus despite Watson wanting to be traded their are reports the Texans are not taking any calls listen to our crews personal voicemails they would leave Houston to try to convince them to trade Watson.
Ben Simmons leader for DPOY?
Jorge Sedano, Richard Jefferson and Kendrick Perkins discuss Ben Simmons saying he's the best defensive player in league, whose most to blame for the Celtics struggles and how badly they want to see Zion in the dunk contest. Also, Rachel Nichols sits down to talk with Steve Nash.
Seahawks At Odds With Russell Wilson?
Jalen & Jacoby discuss Russell Wilsons relationship with Seahawks, Daks future in Dallas, Deshaun Watson really wants out of Houston, Michigan improves to 17-1, Grizzlies blowout Clippers, Drakes dropping a new album, UFO sightings and much more.
- Welcome back to First Take, Her Take! Hosts Charly, Kimberley, and Chiney talk about podcast breakups, kids acting disrespectful, being territorial with jersey numbers, and more!
- This is the Jalen & Jacoby podcast-exclusive hour, coming to you every Tuesday and Thursday. The guys discuss their picks for the Western and Eastern Conference reserves in the NBA All-Star Game, Jalens bottom-of-the-ticker news on players lobbying for more time off after the ASG, Bobby Shmurda being released from jail, JoJo Siwa and Da Baby squashing their beef and the early stages of their Stand-Up Comedy Bracket.
- After Derrick Lewis impressive KO of Curtis Blaydes on Saturday, DC & Helwani discuss where The Black Beast fits into this exciting time for the UFCs heavyweight division that includes Stipe Miocic vs. Francis Ngannou next month and Jon Jones impending heavyweight debut. Plus, the guys discuss the latest wrinkle in the potential Kamaru Usman-Jorge Masvidal rematch (39:42), Leon Edwards agreeing to fight Belal Muhammad and how Colby Covington must approach 2021 (47:53).
- Pelicans star Zion Williamson has starred in almost super-humanlike highlights in his young NBA career, but are they worth hundreds of thousands of dollars? Its a concept that the NBA is banking on, with their newest digital memorabilia venture: NBA Top Shot, a marketplace that is something of a cross between trading cards and Bitcoin. ESPNs Brian Windhorst explains what NBA Top Shot is, its value, and the risks involved when entering the volatile world of crypto. Then, a preview of Fridays show: where Sam Borden takes us to Bergamo, Italy, a sports-crazed town devastated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci joins Buster to talk about his favorite baseball player, if well see fans in the stands this season, what he would say to players who are reluctant to get vaccinated and staying on Max Scherzers good side. Then, Alden Gonzalez gets into the leagues reaction to Fernando Tatis Jr.s new contract, why its a triumph for the Padres and Tim Tebow hanging up his spikes. Next, Tampa Bay Rays manager Kevin Cash compares this years Spring Training to Spring Training 2.0, what the win projections miss about his team, and moving on from Blake Snell and Charlie Morton. Finally, Los Angeles Dodgers manager Dave Roberts discusses hearing from Mike Krzyzewski after winning the World Series, Trevor Bauer, the Dodgers-Padres rivalry and what he sees in Tatis as a young player.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST
ESPN Originals30 for 30
The Adam Schefter Podcast (NFL)
Around the Rim with LaChina Robinson (WBB)
Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian
The Bill Barnwell Show (NFL)
Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective (NBA)
Caught Offside (Soccer)
The CFB Podcast with Herbie, Pollack & Negandhi
Cheap Heat with Peter Rosenberg
Courtside with Greenberg & Dakich (CBB)
DC & Helwani
ESPN Daily with Pablo Torre
Fantasy Focus Baseball
Fantasy Focus Football
First Draft with Kiper, McShay, and Yates (NFL)
First Take, Her Take
The Gab & Juls Show (Soccer)
Jalen & Jacoby - The Aftershow
Laughter Permitted with Julie Foudy (espnW)
The Lowe Post with Zach Lowe (NBA)
Marty Smith's America
The Mina Kimes Show featuring Lenny (NFL)
The Right Time with Bomani Jones
That's What She Said with Sarah Spain
Sports? with Katie Nolan
Stanford Steve & The Bear
The Undefeated: Rhoden Fellows
The Woj Pod with Adrian Wojnarowski (NBA)
ESPN TV & Radio
Around the Horn (ESPN TV)
Bart & Hahn (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
Chiney & Golic Jr. (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
College Football Live (ESPN TV)
ESPN FC (ESPN+)
First Take (ESPN TV)
Get Up! (ESPN TV)
Greeny (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
Highly Questionable (ESPN TV)
Jalen & Jacoby (ESPN TV & Original)
The Jump (ESPN TV)
Keyshawn, JWill & Zubin (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
The Max Kellerman Show (ESPN Radio & ESPN+)
NFL Live (ESPN TV)
Packer and Durham (ACC Network)
Pardon the Interruption (ESPN TV)
Paul Finebaum Show (ESPN Radio & SEC Network)
Spain & Fitz (ESPN Radio)
Stephen A's World (ESPN+)
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Get the latest updates on Twitter. Follow us.