The Future Is Now
Adam Schefter talks to Mel Kiper Jr.& Todd McShay about their impressions of this year's draft and their favorite draft memories (:54). Plus, Evan Kaplan dives into the statistical trends (40:37) and Adam catches up with Ohio State's Dwayne Haskins (46:55) and Stanford's Bryce Love (54:46).
Don't Nickel and Dime Your Quarterback
Mina and Louis Riddick discuss getting sassy on social media dealing with keyboard tough guys (2:21), Russell Wilson's new contract and whether or not you can win while paying a QB that much (7:28), how many QBs deserve to go in the first round (31:16), why more top QBs don't pull an Eli Manning (37:49), and how the draft teaches us about both trends in the NFL and the sliding scale of positional importance (43:50).
Most Recent Podcasts
Tony Reali and the national panel debate if the officiating is hurting the Nets in the series against the 76ers, how the Blazers got a 3-1 advantage on the Warriors, if the "next question" response from players is bad for the league and much more.
Episode 43: Poirier, Covington, Masvidal, Overeem, Costa, Weidman, Holohan, many more
Ariel Helwani's MMA Show starts off with a preview of this weekend's upcoming UFC event in Florida. Then, heavyweight Alistair Overeem joins Ariel fresh off his first round TKO of Alexey Oleynik this past weekend in Russia (7:33). Next, "The Eraser" Paulo Costa discusses potential plans for a Yoel Romero fight and why Israel Adesanya doesn't impress him (21:13). After that, former UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman provides a health update, says he'd be a good matchup for Adesanya and talks about the important humanitarian work he's been doing in war-torn countries (37:40). UFC's newest face, Deron Winn, then talks about his UFC debut on June 22 and what it's like coaching high school wrestling with Daniel Cormier (1:00:03). After that, a week removed from winning UFC's interim lightweight belt, Dustin Poirier describes what it feels like to hold the belt, the logistics behind a possible title fight against Khabib Nurmagomedov and how he's been able to take down some of the world's best mixed martial artists (1:13:20). Next, the 41-year-old Jon Fitch talks about his obsession for journal-writing, his quest to fight for titles in all of the major fighting leagues and if he thinks his next fight will be his last shot at a title fight (1:36:24). The always-entertaining Colby Covington then joins Ariel to discuss his improved relationship with Dana White, his goal of "making the welterweight division great again" and his role as MMA's "super-villain" (1:54:29). Welterweight Jorge Masvidal then reveals the real reason behind his decision to take a fight with Ben Askren and why he doesn't own a TV (2:18:34). Next, retired fighter Paddy Holohan updates Ariel on life after the UFC and his recent decision to run for office in Ireland (2:38:25). Lastly, Ross "The Real Deal" Pearson tells Ariel if he's really done competing (2:59:27).
- Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon debate if the Rockets or the Warriors look better in round one, recap the Celtics sweep on the Pacers, discuss Steve Kerrs take on the next question craze with the players and much more.
- The First Take crew debate how far can a healthy Embiid take the Sixers this postseason, if the Celtics are best suited to beat the Warriors and more on the Kate Smith controversy.
- Mike, Mike Jr, and Jake discuss their draft day memories, Jenny's rough week, and play Would You Rather
- The crew take a voicemail from a listener moving back home with his parents (0:25), talk about the Golden Knights making the Stanley Cup Finals in their first year as a team (15:30), the people at Preakness and the Royal Wedding who have "crazy hat confidence" (26:00) and Katie's Top 10 NBA moments of 2018 (42:30).
- Adam welcomes Kirk Herbstreit & Chris Fallica to discuss their perspective on the top players in this year's NFL Draft, their role in ESPN's draft coverage and more (:31). Plus, the return of #AskAdam (21:09).
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST
ESPN Originals30 for 30
Answering The Bell
Ariel Helwani's MMA Show
Around the Rim
Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
Be Honest with Cari Champion
Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian
Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective
Courtside with Greenberg & Dakich
ESPN Films: Conversations
ESPN On Ice with Wyshynski and Kaplan
ESPNcricinfo Talking T20 Podcast
Fantasy Focus Baseball
Fantasy Focus Football
FiveThirtyEight: Ahead Of Their Time
FiveThirtyEight: Hot Takedown
Head In The Game
I'm Interested with Mike Greenberg
Laughter Permitted with Julie Foudy
Le Batard & Friends Network
Le Batard & Friends - South Beach Sessions
Le Batard & Friends - STUpodity
Marty Smith's America The Podcast
Matty & The Caddie
Sports? with Katie Nolan
Stanford Steve & The Bear
Switch Hit Podcast
That's What She Said with Sarah Spain
The Adam Schefter Podcast
The Bill Barnwell Show
The Cricket Sadist Hour
The Mina Kimes Show featuring Lenny
The Lowe Post
The Right Time with Bomani Jones
The Russillo Show
The Undefeated: Rhoden Fellows
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Get the latest updates on Twitter. Follow us.