Jeff Passan on a World Series Unlike Any Other
Tonight, Game One of the 2020 World Series gets underway between the Dodgers and Rays. Its a series that promises to be as strange and intriguing as the season it concludes. Will Clayton Kershaw exorcise his playoff demons and lead the Dodgers to their first title in three decades? Or will the aggressively unconventional Tampa Bay Rays upset LA to claim their first-ever championship? And with a neutral site location and limited fans in the seats, will it feel like a real World Series? Jeff Passan explains how LA and Tampa made it this far, and what the fall classic in a pandemic will look like. Then, an ode to hockeys preeminent broadcasting scholar, Mike Doc Emrick, who announced his retirement on Monday.
Khabibs UFC 254 Mission, McGregor History Lesson & Brian Ortega 2.0
After watching Brian Ortega handily beat The Korean Zombie on Saturday night, DC and Ariel break down Ortegas new style and whether he deserves the next shot at the UFCs featherweight belt. Then, the guys discuss Jessica Andrades potential path to a flyweight title fight (25:19) and the latest on a January bout between Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier (34:50). Plus, DC talks about his relationship with Khabib Nurmagomedov as Khabib looks to defend his lightweight belt against Justin Gaethje Saturday on Fight Island.
Most Recent Podcasts
Happy National Tight End Day To George Kittle
Adam starts off the podcast with news from Miami about QB Tua Tagovailoa. After that, Adam is joined by 49ers TE George Kittle to talk everything from Panda Express to navigating this uncertain season. Next, former Michigan WR Nico Collins talks about his decision to opt out of this season. Lastly, ESPN's Evan Kaplan joins Adam to preview the great Week 7 matchups.
Will Giannis Sign Supermax?
The panel discusses whether Giannis should sign the supermax deal with the Bucks, what changes for James Harden and the Rocket post-Morey, and landing spots for Danilo Gallinari and Andre Drummond. Plus, guest segments with Nick Nurse and Darius Bazley!
Champions League Returns
The FC crew discuss Manchester United's impressive victory in Paris, if there is anything positive to take away from Chelsea's scoreless draw at home to Sevilla, and the evolution of Lionel Messi's role in Barcelona's win. Plus, Juventus and Lazio both right the ship in Europe after a shaky start to their domestic campaigns.
Katie and Ashley try to help out an Atlanta sports fan who has had enough. Then Katie gets into her confusion on what day it is and confronts Ashley on her hall pass. The Eagles lost again, does Kansas City have too many pizza toppings, a potential nickname for Chase Claypool, and the Jets have another butt play. Bob Ryan claims hes never heard of a Twix and Katie has THOUGHTS. Finally, the Bachelorette is back!
- Adam starts off the podcast by addressing some of the most recent NFL news around the league. Then, television personality Jim Cramer joins Adam to discuss everything from Dak Prescott's injury to fantasy football advice. Next, former Philadelphia Eagles LB Connor Barwin calls in to share his perspective on Dak Prescott's injury and Dak's timetable to return. Lastly, ESPN's Evan Kaplan joins Adam to preview the great QB matchups of Week 6.
- Katie and Ashley have some big news about the pod, and Austin has some big news about dinosaurs. Then, a mental health update before an all-question podcast, including: is a refrigerator a closet, superpowers, Mario Kart, wine glasses, Survivor, potatoes, sneezing, and more. Finally, Myrtle makes a cameo.
- Zach talks to Lakers' coach Frank Vogel about the Lakers' 17th title, their journey from China in the preseason to this moment, his improbable rise, comedy clips in film sessions, much more.
- Tim Kurkjian joins Buster to discuss Jose Altuves fielding yips, the Rays suffocating defense, if the Dodgers near-comeback was a moral victory, Walker Buehlers back spasms, Freddie Freeman being locked in and if A.J. Hinch will land with the White Sox (11:25). Later, Sarah Langs plays The Numbers Game with notes on Tuesday nights games (29:04).
- Mina and Charles McDonald of the New York Daily News look ahead to Browns-Steelers, discuss the next steps for the Falcons, and say something positive about the Giants and Jets,
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST
ESPN Originals30 for 30
Around the Rim
Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian
Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective
Cheap Heat with Peter Rosenberg
Courtside with Greenberg & Dakich
DC & Helwani
Down & Distance
ESPN On Ice with Wyshynski and Kaplan
Fantasy Focus Baseball
Fantasy Focus Football
I'm Interested with Mike Greenberg
Jalen & Jacoby - The Aftershow
Laughter Permitted with Julie Foudy
Le Batard & Friends - Mystery Crate
Le Batard & Friends - South Beach Sessions
Le Batard & Friends - STUpodity
Marty Smith's America The Podcast
Matty & The Caddie
Sports? with Katie Nolan
Stanford Steve & The Bear
That's What She Said with Sarah Spain
The Adam Schefter Podcast
The Bill Barnwell Show
The CFB Podcast with Herbie, Pollack & Negandhi
The Lowe Post
The Mina Kimes Show featuring Lenny
The Right Time with Bomani Jones
The Sporting Life with Jeremy Schaap
The Undefeated: Rhoden Fellows
The Woj Pod
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Get the latest updates on Twitter. Follow us.