Celebrating the CFB Season: Day 3
MIKE & MIKE'S KICKING OFF THE SEASON BY CELEBRATING THE SEASON
DAY 3 SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASES DO NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS DEPEND ON NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. PROMOTION AND SPONSOR: Participation in the Mike & Mike's Kicking Off the Season by Celebrating the Season Day 3 Sweepstakes (the "Promotion") constitutes entrant's (each a "Participant") full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. The Sponsor is ESPN Radio, a division of ABC Radio Network Assets, with offices at One ESPN Plaza, Bristol, CT 06010. The Administrator is Source Marketing LLC. All decisions related to, as well as all interpretation of, these Official Rules by Sponsor shall be final and binding. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. A Participant is providing his/her information only to Sponsor and not to Twitter.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Promotion is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, age 18 and older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. This Promotion is void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There is no purchase necessary to participate in the Promotion. A purchase does not increase the Participant's chances of winning. To enter, a Participant must become a follower of @MikeAndMike on Twitter (if not one already) and accept related account's Tweets and follow the instructions within the Sponsor's Post. This Promotion consists of a one (1) day ("Entry Period"). The Entry Period will begin between 6:00AM ET and 10:00AM ET (Eastern Time) on Thursday, September 15, 2016 when the Mike and Mike show is live and will end 24 hours later at the same time on the following day, Friday, September 16, 2016. The Entry Period shall be as follows: To open the Entry Period, Sponsor (via @MikeAndMike on Twitter) will post a tweet with the entry details between 6:00AM ET and 10:00AM ET on September 15, 2016. To enter, a Participant must follow the entry details as outlined by Sponsor. Entry methods may include, but are not limited to, Tweeting with the inclusion of a required entry hashtag (#mmthursdaysweeps) during the Entry Period on Twitter.
The response must include the required hashtag and the reply address @MikeAndMike to be eligible for the drawings on Twitter; all responses, regardless of whether or not they were correct will be eligible for the drawing (each an "Entry"). If Participant is a first time visitor to Twitter, Participant will be prompted to complete the on-screen registration form. A Twitter account registration is a one-time requirement. If Participant is a returning visitor, Participant will be prompted to log-in using Participant's Twitter account. Limit one entry per Participant. Participants are expressly prohibited from entering from multiple Twitter accounts. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, inconsistent with the Entry Guidelines below will not be accepted as an Entry and Sponsor may disqualify the Participant from further participation in the Promotion.
4. ENTRY GUIDELINES: All submitted Entries must be in English and no longer than the character limits associated with Twitter. If the Entry is longer the character limits associated with Twitter only the first valid number of characters will be considered as the eligible Entry. Each Tweet must comply with the following guidelines: (a) contents must be owned by the Participant; (b) must have been received only after the notification Post is made (any previously submitted answers or responses will not be acknowledged or eligible); (c) must be submitted during the Entry Period to be eligible to win the prize for that Entry Period; (d) must not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including without limitation copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, or that is defamatory, threatening, indecent, obscene, infringing or offensive, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws or regulations, or which requires a license from any third party; and (e) must not contain any material that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public viewing; (f) a Tweet must contain (i) the relevant entry period's hashtag, and (ii) the reply address @MikeAndMike. In the event of a violation of these Entry Guidelines, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to take such actions, if any, as it deems appropriate with respect to the Tweet in question, including, without limitation, removing the Tweet, or disqualifying the Tweet from the Promotion.
6. WINNER VERIFICATION AND NOTIFICATION: One potential winner will be selected in a random drawing, on or shortly after the end of the Entry Period, or after the deadline for the Promotion period, from among all eligible Entries properly submitted and received during the Promotion Period under these Rules. A Participant who is randomly selected (a "Potential Winner") is not a winner of any prize, even if notified of being a Potential Winner, unless and until the Potential Winner's eligibility has been verified. Potential Winners will be notified on Twitter via direct message and possibly by public mention by one of the following accounts: @mikeandmike, @espngreeny, @espngolic, or @MikesContests account from promotion administrator. Potential Winner must respond within 48 hours of the message being sent with the requested information. If any Potential Winner is deemed ineligible or does not respond within 48 hours, an alternate winner may be selected and notified. Sponsor may in its sole discretion announce the names of the winners or Potential Winners on its Twitter feed or in other forms of communication, provided, however, that no Potential Winner shall be certified as a winner until the Potential Winner has executed and returned any required documents, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, such as a verification of eligibility and identity or any liability or publicity release. If a Potential Winner is under the age of eighteen (18), he or she will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. If a Potential Winner fails to respond to any notification attempt or return verification documents within the time period specified by Sponsor, or if any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable, or an undeliverable or other error message is received by Sponsor from the Participant's ISP -- even if sent by the ISP in error and even if the notice is actually received thereafter, the Potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit his/her prize. All decisions of Sponsor shall be binding and final. Limit one (1) prize per Participant.
7. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARV: $3,300): Prize Package includes: a 2-night, 3-day trip for two (2) people (winner and guest) to the Notre Dame versus University of Southern California game on November 26, 2016 at the LA Memorial Coliseum including a pre-game field tour and two (2) suite passes with access to pre-game hospitality; round-trip coach class air transportation for winner and one (1) travel companion from a major commercial U.S. airport near the winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor); two (2) nights of hotel accommodations (standard room with accommodations for two people); transportation to and from airport and planned events.
RESTRICTIONS: Prize Package is non-transferable. Dates and details are subject to change. This package is for the winner and one (1) guest. Please disclose any special needs. Handicapped access may be limited during certain aspects of this experience. The experience includes two nights' hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy). Hotel accommodations will be provided from among ESPN travel partners (Marriott, Hilton, Sheraton) and their subsidiaries. Air travel will be provided from among ESPN travel partners (United, American, Delta) and their subsidiaries. Participants may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and (where legal) Publicity Release.
Items that are not included as part of the Prize Package are: hotel room service, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, local and long distance telephone calls, tips, gratuities, service charges or taxes, and all other charges and items not otherwise described above.
Travel companions on any prize trip must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, or if a minor, must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Travel companions will be required to sign and return a travel liability/publicity release prior to awarding of the prize. All travelers must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents prior to awarding of travel prizes.
Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be roundtrip. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services or accommodations. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Air transportation may not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charge or September 11th Security Fee. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. Airline and hotel blackout dates may apply. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. ARV for travel prize may vary depending upon points of departure and destination and fare fluctuations. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel route and select hotels in their sole discretion. If the closest airport to a prize winner's home is in close enough proximity to prize destination city so that, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion, a flight is unnecessary, such prize winner will receive alternate ground transportation from the Sponsor with no further obligation to the winner. Travel prize winners will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the stated ARV in these Official Rules. The round trip air transportation element for any travel prize begins and ends at the point of departure. In the event a traveler and/or his or her travel companions engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send such prize winner and/or his or her travel companion home with no further compensation.
In the event a winner is able to participate in the trip during the dates designated by Sponsor but planned activities do not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, or for any other reason, then the Sponsor reserves the right to award the remainder of the prize with no further obligation to the winner. Except as stated in the preceding sentence, no cash alternatives, prize substitutions or transfer of prize will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason. All other expenses relating to acceptance of the Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to taxes, beverages, alcoholic beverages, and gratuities are responsibility of Winners and his/her eligible guests. Complete terms and conditions of prize trips will be furnished with prize notification. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Prize package winner must submit a validly executed IRS Form W9 and will receive a 1099 tax form for the actual retail value of the prize no later than the January following awarding of prize.
8. GENERAL RULES: As a condition of entry into the Promotion, Participants agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with creation of or submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Promotion, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of and/or awarding of the prizes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Released Parties to use of winners' persona, in whole or in part, including without limitation their names, likenesses, photographs, voices, opinions and/or hometown and state and entries for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) and any other public use, without further compensation except where prohibited by law. By submitting a Tweet, Participants grant the Sponsor the right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, reproduce, adapt, or otherwise revise and/or alter the Tweet, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Tweet for editorial, commercial, promotional, regulatory or legal reasons and all other purposes, in its sole discretion.
9. SUSPENSION: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs Sponsor's ability to properly conduct the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the cancellation of the Promotion Period. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be in violation of these Official Rules including without limitation any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the website or the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event will Released Parties be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to and use of the website or downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from the website. Without limiting the foregoing, all prize materials including any website or web page associated with the Promotion are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
11. DISPUTES: This Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Connecticut, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Promotion, Participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Connecticut having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys' fees, other than Participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with entering), and Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. RULES/WINNERS' LIST: For names of winners or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed envelope by 10/15/2016 to: MIKE & MIKE COLLEGE FOOTBALL SWEEPSTAKES - Day 3, 8050 Rowan Rd, Suite 200, Cranberry Township, PA 16066. Winners' list to be available after 11/15/2016. All requests will be responded to via mail by 11/30/2016.
13. SPONSOR: ESPN Radio, a division of ABC Radio Network Assets, One ESPN Plaza, Bristol, CT 06010
© 2016 ESPN Radio. All rights reserved.