Golic's Grilling Recipes
Mike Golic provides one delicious recipe per week. Check back often!
Rosemary Garlic Chicken
Makes: 6 servings -- Prep Time: Overnight -- Cook Time: 2 hours
1 whole Chicken
Rosemary garlic seasoning (this can be purchased at Sam's)
2 Sticks of butter
2 Sweet onions
A few strips of bacon
Salt and pepper to taste
1. First wash the chicken and pat dry.
2. Liberally sprinkle the rosemary garlic seasoning to cover the entire chicken.
3. Place in the zip bag and put in the fridge over night.
4. The next day, preheat the grill to 350║F.
5. Slice the onions into rounds about 1/4 in.
5. Place in a roaster pan or tin pan and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
6. Place the chicken on top of the onions.
7. Place a stick of butter into the cavity of the chicken.
8. Take another stick of butter and break it up around the chicken.
9. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for about 2 hrs.
Note: The size of the chicken will vary the cooking time. The chicken is fully cooked, when the internal temperature is 165║F.
10. While the chicken is cooking, cook the bacon until crispy and set a side.
11. During the last 20 minutes remove the foil so the chicken gets some color.
12. Once the chicken is fully cooked, slice or strip the chicken.
13. Add the onions from the pan, crumble the bacon over the chicken and drizzle with the drippings from the chicken.
Note: You can also use the drippings to make gravy.
14. Serve with wild rice, mashed potatoes or steamed vegetables.
Pineapple stuffed Shrimp wrapped in Bacon
Prep Time: 20 minutes -- Cook Time: 4-10 minutes
1 pound shrimp peeled, deveined
A couple slices of fresh pineapple
6 to 10 slices of bacon
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Butterfly the shrimp.
3. Slice a small section from the pineapple (large enough that you will be able to wrap the shrimp around).
4. Wrap the shrimp and pineapple with a piece of bacon.
5. Secure with a tooth pick.
6. Cook until the shrimp and bacon is done (watch out for flair ups).
7. When cooked, remove the tooth pick.
Makes: 4 servings -- Prep Time: 40 minutes -- Cook Time: 2-3 hours
5 pounds of potatoes (skin on) - Yukon work the best, your preference
2 Sweet onions or red onions - your preference
2 Yellow squashes
2 Red and orange bell peppers cut into 1" pieces
8 oz. package baby portabellas sliced
8 oz. package button mushrooms sliced
8 oz. package shiitake mushrooms sliced
8 to 10 cloves chopped garlic as much as you like (you can roast this before if you like and mix into the potato mixture)
Fresh ground black pepper
2 to 4 sticks of Butter
1 to 2 pounds bacon (hickory is the best, maple will work)
1. Wash the potatoes.
2. Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes
3. Onions cut into slices.
4. Cut yellow squash and the zucchini into 1 inch cubes.
5. Preheat grill to medium heat.
6. Mix the potatoes, onion, garlic, peppers and mushrooms in a large bowl.
7. Add olive oil to coat, then season with salt and pepper to taste and add sticks of butter and mix thoroughly.
8. Put into a aluminum pan and cover.
9. Cook for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
10. Add the zucchini and squash and mix thoroughly.
Note: Can add more olive oil or butter if needed.
11. Cook for another 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are done.
12. While the potatoes are baking, fry up some bacon.
13. Drain and crumble.
14. Once potatoes are done, mix bacon in with potatoes.
15. Sprinkle some cheese over the potatoes.
Hot Dogs with a Kick
Makes: 8-10 servings -- Prep Time: 20 minutes -- Grill Time: 10 minutes
1 package of all beef hot dogs
1 large pepper or 4 jalapeno peppers
1 package of sliced cheese
8 strips of bacon
1 package of hot dog buns
1. Preheat your grill to medium.
2. Slice hot dogs lengthwise. Do not cut all the way through.
3. Cut the peppers into strips.
4. Place the cheese slices into the hot dogs.
5. Place the peppers on top of the cheese.
6. Wrap the hot dog with a strip of bacon.
**Note: Bacon might not need to be secured, as it will tighten itself around the hot dog while it cooks.**
7. Place hot dogs on the grill.
8. Cook till desired doneness. Make sure the bacon is fully cooked.
9. Remove the hot dogs from the grill.
10. Place the hot dogs into the bun. Top with ketchup and/or mustard.
Grilled Sweet Pineapple
Makes: 8 servings -- Prep Time: 10 minutes -- Grill Time: 12 minutes
1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and cut into rings
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cinnamon
1. Preheat a grill for medium heat. When the grill is hot, lightly oil the grate.
2. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a bowl.
4. Dip slices of pineapple into the cinnamon sugar.
3. Grill slices for 6 minutes on each side.
4. Remove to plates
Smoked Rosemary Salmon
Makes: 8 servings -- Prep Time: 2 - Overnight -- Grill Time: 1 1/2 hours
1 1/2 lb Skinless salmon filet
1 bottle Italian dressing
1 bag Hickory wood chips
1. Place salmon in Ziploc« bag.
2. Cover salmon with Italian dressing and add fresh rosemary.
3. Put in refrigerator overnight, or if time does not permit, at least a couple of hours.
Prepare Wood Chips:
1. Soak hickory chips for 1/2 hour or longer.
2. Place wood chips in aluminum foil and perforate foil. DO NOT cover entire cooking entire cooking area with aluminum foil.
1. Salmon must be cooked using indirect heat.
2. To do this using a gas grill, turn burners at one side of grill "ON". Close lid and allow the grill to heat up to between 275║F and 300║F.
3. Place wood chips in foil over flame.
**Note: You may want to make another packet of wood chips in foil and change out when the chips in the first packet are burned up.**
4. Remove salmon from bag and place on the opposite side of the grill.
**Note: Do not place salmon directly over heat source.**
**Hint: Place salmon on wire cooking rack. It will be much easier to remove salmon from grill after cooking.**
5. Slowly cook salmon for approximately 1 1/2 hours. The salmon will be lightly browned.
6. Remove the salmon from the grill.
7. Garnish with fresh rosemary and a lemon wedges.