Russell Wilson declined 'DWTS'
Russell Wilson is well-known for his moves in the pocket, but he apparently has turned down the opportunity to showcase his skills on the dance floor.
Wilson revealed in a recent interview with Access Hollywood that he has declined multiple opportunities to compete on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars."
"I have been invited, twice actually," Wilson told Access Hollywood. "After my rookie year, I got invited to do 'Dancing with the Stars,' and then after this year, I got invited to do 'Dancing with the Stars.'"
Wilson acknowledged that although he is a fan of the show and hopes to participate at some point, he currently wants to focus on his career with the reigning Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks.
"I need to focus on my football career right now," the two-time Pro Bowl quarterback said. "I'm trying to do as much as I can in terms of winning football games for the Seattle Seahawks and our franchise. But I will do it at some point, for sure."
If he does appear on "Dancing with the Stars," Wilson would join a long list of current or former NFL players to compete on the show, including Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Jacoby Jones and Lawrence Taylor.
"I'm gonna do it at some point," Wilson said. "I'm gonna definitely do it. I love 'Dancing with the Stars.' I love watching it. I love dancing myself. So hopefully I can win it."
It already has been a busy offseason for the 25-year-old Wilson, who helped lead the Seahawks to the franchise's first Super Bowl championship last month.
A former draft pick of the Colorado Rockies, Wilson is scheduled to attend the Texas Rangers' spring training complex Monday and work out with the team. The Rangers selected Wilson in the Rule 5 draft in December.
Wilson also said last week that he hopes to own a professional team at some point after his playing career.