ESPN Arcade's free online smash hit football game - Return Man 3. He's back! Catch the ball, dodge defenders, use special moves and take it to the house!
- Control the Return Man with the I (forward), J (left), L (right), and K (backwards). Or use the arrow keys (though there's a known bug in IE). NEW! You can change your controls to W,A,S,D in the settings menu.
- The objective is to run the length of the field and score a TD without getting tackled.
- To catch the ball position the Return Man over the yellow circle before it fills with yellow. If you miss the catch pick up the live ball without getting tackled.
- You will gain special moves and extra possesions as you progress.
- Special moves are controlled with the A, S and D keys (Or J,K,L if you changed your controls setting) Each special move can only be used once per play.
- You can use the SPACE bar to advance from screen to screen and avoid using the mouse.
- Use special moves (unlockables) to get by defenders.
- Run over lightning bolts for a speed burst and bonus points.
- Run over "cleats" to stop from slipping on snow, mud or ice.
- Return Man 3 saves your progress. Once you beat a stage you can start from that stage again by selecting it at the beginning of the game.
- NEW: Fumble! In Return Man 3 certain defenders will strip the ball. If you're quick you can pick up the ball (by running over it) and keep running.
- NEW: Choose your special moves - Now you can earn up to 8 special moves. You can only use 3 per return but after level 8 you can choose which ones you use for the following return beginning in Stage 8 by selecting "Change Special Moves" in the score summary screen between returns.
- NEW: You can change your control scheme by clicking on the settings button (image of gears) on the score summary screen between returns. W,A,S,D is now an option.
- Pick ups - Lightning bolts and cleats give you addtional points.
- Score fast - The quicker you get to the end zone the more points you score
- Use less moves - Each move you use deducts points from your score for each return. More powerful moves deduct more points. See Special Moves unlocks on the How to Play (click on "?" in game) to see actual point deduction values. Use fewer moves to score higher.
- Go on a roll - the more consecutive returns or stages you can play through without losing all your possessions the higher your score. So if you really want to score high start at an earlier stage and play all the way through without running out of possessions. Good luck!