Kelly is a prospect at the plate and on the mound, sitting in the upper 80's and topping out at 92 mph with the fastball. The majority of area scouts appear to prefer him as a bat, where his swing is easy, consistent and should produce natural power. He can handle third base and could end up a candidate for left or right field if necessary. He's known to carry himself as a leader and brings plus makeup to the table. He'll head to the University of Oregon if the price isn't right on the professional front, but he could go in the Top 100.
--Jason A. Churchill
Univ. of Oregon Release, Nov. 16, 2011
* Currently playing with fellow signee Cole Irvin for the USA Baseball 18U national team in the COPABE Junior AAA/18U Pan American Championships
* Is ranked the top recruit in the state of Oregon by both Perfect Game (53 nationally) and Baseball Northwest, and is also ranked the No. 28 prospect in the 2012 class by Baseball America
* Over the summer played in the Under Armour All-America Game with Irvin, and played for the for the Kansas City Royals in the 2011 Area Code Games with fellow signee Andrew Pullin
* Was chosen by ESPN RISE as the 2010-11 Gatorade Oregon Player of the Year
* Was named the Oregon Class 6A Player of the Year following his junior season at Westview after leading the Wildcats to the state title with current UO freshman Sam Johnson
* Hit .473 with 14 home runs, 51 RBIs and a .973 slugging percentage at Westview, and on the mound was 9-1 with a 1.64 ERA and 71 strikeouts in 64 innings pitched
* Following his sophomore season was named second team all-state after batting .458 with 31 RBIs
* Also played for the USA Baseball 16U national team, finishing 2-0 on the mound with a .333 average during the team's run to the gold medal at the 2010 Pan American Championships
* Maintains a 3.78 gpa.