Tiger Woods says he's ready for The Open Championship.
After battling through an elbow strain that hampered him at the U.S. Open, Woods announced on his website that he's confident his health won't be an issue at golf's next major which starts Thursday morning.
"I started chipping and putting a little over a week ago and I'm full go for the British Open," Woods said. "I'm very confident that my left elbow strain won't be a problem and I will be able to hit all the shots I need to hit. That's why I took the time off, so it could heal, and I would feel comfortable playing again. I'm still taking anti-inflammatory medication for my elbow and getting treatment, but the big thing at Muirfield Golf Club will be to avoid the rough."
Woods, the world's No. 1 player, aggravated the injury at the U.S. Open last month, finishing 13 shots over par and 12 shots back of eventual winner Jusin Rose. It was his worst performance in 16 appearances at the tournament.
Woods, who first picked up the injury on his way to winning the Players Championship in May, was scheduled to play the AT&T National after the U.S. Open, but pulled out of the event to ensure he would be ready for his latest chance at breaking his drought in majors.
A 14-time major winner, Woods has not won one of golf's Grand Slam events since capturing the 2008 U.S. Open.
Despite his struggles at last month's U.S. Open, Woods has still enjoyed a solid year, regaining the world's No. 1 ranking while winning four PGA Tour titles.