2018 ScheduleAll times ET
- 11/10W 60-48
- 11/13W 93-49
- 11/17W 76-67
- 11/19W 73-53
- 11/23W 68-42
- 11/24W 70-55
- 11/27W 49-37
- 12/2W 75-54
- 12/518L 68-61
- 12/16W 80-60
- 12/19h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 12/22h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 12/30h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 1/3h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 1/67h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 1/9h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 1/14h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 1/18h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 1/21h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 1/23h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 1/274h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 1/31h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 2/3h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 2/719h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 2/10h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 2/136h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 2/21h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 2/24h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 3/1h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- 3/318h:mm a z, US/Eastern
- Full Schedule
Nigel Johnson scored 22 points and Devon Hall had a career-high 20 Saturday for No. 16 Virginia, which returned from a break for final exams to beat Davidson 80-60.
Paul Biancardi Basketball Recruiting
For Virginia to avoid the upset at home vs Davidson today it must defend the 3pt shot. Davidson leads the nation in 3pt FG made at 13 per-game. Here's how. 1. Contain the ball, avoid the help and contest the shot. 2. When UVA helps, how quickly can they recover to the shooter. 3. Guards must rebound the long shot misses.
John Gasaway @
So far we've had Patrick Ewing and Tony Bennett as guesses. No and no, though that second one's at least in the ballpark era-wise...
Wait, hear us out. The easy move, after Duke's loss, was to jump Villanova or Michigan State to the top spot. But if you look at the entire body of work, raising Arizona State all the way to No. 1 isn't so crazy.
Paul Sabin ESPN Analytics
West Virginia is averaging 75 possessions per game, 12th fastest among major conference teams. Virginia averages 62 per game, the slowest pace in the country. WVU played at UVA's pace last night (62 possessions) and still won by 7.
Jevon Carter had 23 points and 10 rebounds, Lamont West scored 22 points and No. 18 West Virginia beat No. 15 Virginia 68-61 on Tuesday night, sending the Cavaliers to their first loss.
Kyle Guy scored 21 points and No. 18 Virginia never trailed in a 75-54 victory against Lehigh on Saturday.
We predicted the ACC to win the Big Ten/ACC Challenge -- but it dominated even more than expected.
As the 2017-18 college basketball season gets underway, let's pause to consider the status of each major conference. Right now, the ACC looks strong.
Virginia's calling card is defense, but the Cavaliers need to play offense much better than they did Monday against Wisconsin to be a title factor.
Kyle Guy scored 17 points, and No. 18 Virginia held Wisconsin scoreless for more than 7 minutes in the second half in a 49-37 victory Monday night in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.
Paul Sabin ESPN Analytics
Big Ten/ACC challenge kicks off tonight at 7:00 PM on ESPN2. Per BPI the ACC is the favorite to win the challenge at 54%, the Big Ten has a 24% chance to win, and there is a 22% chance it ends in a 7-7 tie.
Overall, it might look pretty close, with the ACC and Big Ten both filled with good teams (and even a few elite ones). But go game by game and things do not look good for the Big Ten.
Isaiah Wilkins scored a career-high 19 points as Virginia pulled away in the second half and beat Rhode Island 70-55 Friday night to win the Preseason NIT.
Kyle Guy scored 18 points to lead Virginia to a 68-42 win over Vanderbilt in the first game of the 2017 Preseason NIT on Thursday in New York.
The Cavaliers end most seasons as one of America's slowest teams, based on possessions per game, but their pace has improved notably this season. That should only make things harder on opponents.
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, Virginia found the right mixing of players to pull away from Monmouth, 73-53, Sunday at John Paul Jones Arena.
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading Virginia to a 76-67 victory against VCU.
Points Per Game70.5272nd
Rebounds Per Game32.5Tied-313th
Assists Per Game13.8Tied-194th