- 2B:O Vizquel (9, T Wakefield); R Winn (18, T Wakefield)
- 3B:N Schierholtz (1, T Wakefield)
- HR:P Feliz (9, 4th inning off T Wakefield 0 on, 2 Out); B Bonds (14, 6th inning off T Wakefield 0 on, 0 Out)
- RBI:O Vizquel (19), R Winn (22), P Feliz (30), B Bonds (31), N Schierholtz (1)
- 2Out RBI:P Feliz, N Schierholtz
- GIDP:B Molina
- Team LOB:7
- SB:O Vizquel (5, 3rd base off T Wakefield/D Mirabelli); D Roberts (11, 2nd base off M Delcarmen/D Mirabelli)
- DP:1 (O Vizquel-R Durham-R Klesko)
- 2B:J Drew (9, M Morris); D Ortiz 2 (27, M Morris 2); M Lowell (19, M Morris); M Ramirez (14, M Morris)
- HR:M Ramirez (10, 7th inning off J Sanchez 0 on, 1 Out)
- RBI:K Youkilis 2 (35), D Ortiz (43), M Ramirez 3 (39), M Lowell (50), D Mirabelli (5)
- 2Out RBI:K Youkilis, D Mirabelli, M Ramirez
- GIDP:M Ramirez
- Team LOB:5
- CS:C Crisp (3, 2nd base by B Hennessey)
- DP:1 (J Lugo-D Pedroia-K Youkilis)
- PB:D Mirabelli
|T. Wakefield (W,17-12)||5.2||8||5||5||1||3||2||93-61||4.18||93|
|M. Delcarmen (H,11)||0.2||0||0||0||2||0||0||17-7||0.00||17|
|J. Pineiro (H,1)||1.2||1||0||0||0||0||0||19-13||4.97||19|
- WP:T Wakefield
- HBP:D Pedroia (By M Morris); D Mirabelli (By B Hennessey)
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:T Wakefield 6-8; M Delcarmen 2-0; J Lopez 0-0; J Pineiro 3-2; H Okajima 0-2
- Game Scores:T Wakefield 35
|1st||M Ramirez grounded into double play, shortstop to second to first, J Drew scored, D Ortiz out at second, D Pedroia to third.||0||1|
|1st||K Youkilis singled to left, D Pedroia scored.||0||2|
|3rd||O Vizquel doubled to deep center, N Schierholtz scored.||1||2|
|3rd||R Winn doubled to deep center, O Vizquel scored.||2||2|
|3rd||D Ortiz hit a ground rule double to deep right, J Drew scored, D Pedroia to third.||2||3|
|3rd||M Ramirez grounded out to second, D Pedroia scored, D Ortiz to third.||2||4|
|3rd||K Youkilis singled to left, D Ortiz scored.||2||5|
|3rd||M Lowell doubled to deep center, K Youkilis scored.||2||6|
|3rd||D Mirabelli singled to left, M Lowell scored, D Mirabelli to second advancing on throw.||2||7|
|4th||P Feliz homered to left.||3||7|
|4th||M Ramirez doubled to left, D Ortiz scored.||3||8|
|6th||B Bonds homered to right.||4||8|
|6th||N Schierholtz tripled to deep right, P Feliz scored.||5||8|
|7th||M Ramirez homered to left.||5||9|
Athletics' Bob Melvin nabs AL Manager of the Year honors
Oakland Athletics skipper Bob Melvin was named American League Manager of the Year on Tuesday after guiding the team with the lowest Opening Day payroll in baseball to a 97-65 record and its first playoff berth in four years.
Brian Snitker is NL's top manager after leading Braves to East title
After leading the Braves to an unexpected National League East title, Brian Snitker has been named NL Manager of the Year. The Brewers' Craig Counsell and Rockies' Bud Black finished second and third, respectively.
Did Ohtani deserve Rookie of the Year?
Around the Horn discuss whether Shohei Ohtani deserved Rookie of the Year even though he only played 104 games this season.
MLB to investigate claims of racial discrimination vs. Mariners
MLB said in a statement provided to The Athletic that it will investigate allegations of racial discrimination in the Seattle Mariners organization made by a former employee.
Time for Giants to decide what to do with Madison Bumgarner
Forget nostalgia. With Farhan Zaidi taking over the front office, San Francisco must re-evaluate how the hero of Octobers past fits into the franchise's future.
Phillies manager Gabe Kapler loses Malibu home in Woolsey Fire
Phillies manager Gabe Kapler is thankful his family is safe after his Malibu home was destroyed in the Woolsey Fire that has burned at least 435 buildings and is threatening tens of thousands more.