- 2B:M Joyce 2 (3, M Lowe, C Silva)
- 3B:C Granderson (5, C Silva)
- HR:M Hollimon (1, 6th inning off M Lowe 0 on, 0 Out)
- RBI:P Polanco (30), I Rodriguez 3 (28), C Guillen (43), M Joyce (12), G Sheffield (18), M Hollimon (2)
- 2Out RBI:I Rodriguez 3
- GIDP:C Guillen
- Team LOB:10
- SB:C Guillen (7, 2nd base off M Lowe/J Clement)
- E:J Verlander (2, throw)
- DP:1 (C Thomas-P Polanco)
- Assists:C Thomas (R Ibanez at 2nd base)
|J. Verlander (W,5-9)||6.0||8||2||2||3||3||0||109-68||4.34||109|
|F. Rodney (S,1)||0.1||0||0||0||0||0||0||1-1||8.44||1|
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:J Verlander 7-8; B Seay 0-1; J Zumaya 1-1; T Jones 2-0; F Rodney 0-1
- Game Scores:J Verlander 48
|a - W. BloomquistPH-CF||0-2||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||.250||.359||.250|
a-flied out to right for J Reed in the 8th
- 2B:J Lopez (21, J Verlander); Y Betancourt (21, J Verlander); R Ibanez 2 (24, B Seay, T Jones)
- RBI:J Lopez (42), J Vidro 2 (37), A Beltre (44)
- Team LOB:13
- DP:1 (J Lopez-Y Betancourt-R Sexson)
|1st||J Lopez singled to left center, I Suzuki scored.||0||1|
|3rd||P Polanco singled to center, M Hollimon scored, C Granderson to second.||1||1|
|3rd||J Vidro reached on infield single to third, J Lopez scored.||1||2|
|4th||I Rodriguez singled to center, M Joyce scored, G Sheffield to second.||2||2|
|5th||C Guillen grounded into fielder's choice to second, C Granderson scored.||3||2|
|5th||M Joyce singled to right, C Guillen scored, M Cabrera to third.||4||2|
|5th||G Sheffield singled to center, M Cabrera scored, M Joyce to second.||5||2|
|6th||M Hollimon homered to center.||6||2|
|9th||I Rodriguez singled to right, M Joyce and G Sheffield scored, C Thomas to third.||8||2|
|9th||J Vidro grounded out to second, J Lopez scored, R Ibanez to third.||8||3|
|9th||A Beltre singled to right center, R Ibanez scored.||8||4|
Japan scores four runs in 9th to beat MLB All-Stars, leads series 3-1
Japan rallied with four runs in the top of the ninth inning to beat the MLB All-Stars 5-3 and take a 3-1 lead in their six-game exhibition series on Tuesday.
Why are baseball managers so short?
In business and politics, taller people tend to make more money and get more votes. Most importantly, they're perceived as better leaders. But not in baseball!
Mauer gives tearful thank you during retirement speech
Joe Mauer gives an emotional thank you to Terry Ryan for drafting him to the Twins back in 2001.
Joe Mauer officially bids Twins farewell in tear-filled news conference
Twins legend Joe Mauer formalized his goodbye to baseball on Monday at a tear-filled yet cheerful news conference to wrap up a 15-year major league career at age 35.
Mariners deny ex-employee's claims of racism toward Latino players
The Mariners denied allegations made by a former employee that management called Latino players, especially those from the Dominican Republic, "dumb" and "stupid."
Ronald Acuna Jr. has flashed the talent to soon become NL's top player
While Shohei Ohtani and Ronald Acuna Jr. were named baseball's top rookies, the Braves outfielder has flashed the potential to quickly become one of the game's elite players.