|b - M. MaierPH-CF||0-1||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||.345||.368||.345|
|a - T. PenaPH-SS||1-2||2||0||1||0||0||0||0||.162||.181||.207|
b-grounded to first for J Guillen in the 8th
a-grounded to first for E German in the 7th
- 2B:B Butler (16, M Mussina); J Buck (20, M Mussina)
- HR:R Gload (3, 9th inning off C Britton 1 on, 1 Out)
- RBI:B Butler 2 (41), A Gordon (51), M Aviles (32), R Gload 2 (33)
- SF:A Gordon
- GIDP:M Aviles
- Team LOB:4
- E:J Buck (6, throw)
- DP:2 (E German-R Gload, E German-M Aviles-R Gload)
|a - C. RansomPH-3B||1-1||1||1||1||2||0||0||0||1.000||1.000||4.000|
a-homered to left for J Giambi in the 7th
- 2B:J Molina (17, B Bannister); B Abreu (31, J Fulchino)
- 3B:B Gardner (1, B Bannister)
- HR:A Rodriguez (28, 1st inning off B Bannister 2 on, 1 Out); X Nady (7, 1st inning off B Bannister 0 on, 2 Out); J Giambi (24, 2nd inning off B Bannister 3 on, 0 Out); C Ransom (1, 7th inning off J Fulchino 1 on, 2 Out)
- RBI:A Rodriguez 5 (77), X Nady (18), J Molina (13), B Gardner (9), J Giambi 4 (72), B Abreu (80), C Ransom 2 (2)
- 2Out RBI:X Nady, J Molina, B Gardner, A Rodriguez 2, B Abreu, C Ransom 2
- GIDP:B Abreu
- Team LOB:7
- SB:J Damon (21, 2nd base off B Bannister/J Buck); D Jeter (9, 2nd base off B Bannister/J Buck)
- DP:1 (D Jeter-R Cano-J Giambi)
|1st||B Butler doubled to left, D DeJesus and M Aviles scored, J Guillen to third.||2||0|
|1st||A Gordon hit sacrifice fly to center, J Guillen scored, B Butler to third.||3||0|
|1st||A Rodriguez homered to left center, J Damon and D Jeter scored.||3||3|
|1st||X Nady homered to right.||3||4|
|1st||J Molina doubled to deep left, R Cano scored.||3||5|
|1st||B Gardner tripled to deep right, J Molina scored.||3||6|
|2nd||J Giambi homered to right, D Jeter, B Abreu and A Rodriguez scored.||3||10|
|3rd||A Rodriguez singled to left, J Damon scored, A Rodriguez out stretching at second.||3||11|
|7th||B Abreu doubled to deep center, D Jeter scored.||3||12|
|7th||A Rodriguez singled to left, B Abreu scored.||3||13|
|7th||C Ransom homered to left, A Rodriguez scored.||3||15|
|8th||M Aviles grounded out to second, D DeJesus scored.||4||15|
|9th||R Gload homered to right, A Gordon scored.||6||15|
Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen set for Nov. 26 heart surgery
Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen is expected to be ready for spring training after surgery to correct his irregular heartbeat. The surgery, which had been expected, has been scheduled for Nov. 26, with recovery time anywhere from two weeks to eight weeks.
Red Sox re-sign Series MVP Steve Pearce on 1-year, $6.25M deal
World Series hero Steve Pearce will be back in a Red Sox uniform in 2019. Boston re-signed the journeyman 1B for a reported $6.25 million. "We all saw what kind of impact he can have," GM Dave Dombrowski said of the improbable World Series MVP.
Rangers hire Julio Rangel to handle pitching staff
Julio Rangel has been hired by the Texas Rangers as pitching coach for new manager Chris Woodward.
Phillies owner: Ready to spend money 'and maybe be a little bit stupid about it'
Phillies owner John Middleton said he is ready to spend big in free agency after coming off a 2018 season in which the team contended for the National League East title before a late swoon.
Orioles name Mike Elias as GM
Mike Elias spent the past three seasons as the Astros' assistant general manager where he led the team's domestic and international scouting efforts.
For many players, this will be a long, cold winter
From veterans coming off one-year deals to all the available relievers -- so many relievers! -- the wait is on for offers that might never come.