- 2B:Engel 2 (16, Boyd, VerHagen); Davidson (18, Boyd)
- HR:Rondón (4, 8th inning off Coleman 1 on, 2 Out)
- RBI:Rondón 2 (8)
- 2Out RBI:Rondón 2
- GIDP:A. García
- Team RISP:1-8 (Moncada 0-1, Rondón 0-1, LaMarre 1-2, A. García 0-1, Davidson 0-1, Anderson 0-2)
- Team LOB:8
- SB:LaMarre (2, 2nd base off Boyd/Greiner)
- CS:Sánchez (5, 2nd base by Boyd)
- Picked Off:Sánchez (1st base by Boyd)
- E:LaMarre (2, bobble)
|J. Shields (L, 5-15)||6.2||10||7||7||1||5||3||110-71||4.59||110|
- HBP:Mahtook (By Shields)
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Shields 18/31; Burr 1/4
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Shields 21-10-19-21; Burr 4-3-3-2
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Shields 4-10; Burr 1-1
- Game Scores:J Shields 30
- 2B:Rodríguez (4, Shields); Iglesias (30, Shields); Adduci (5, Shields)
- HR:Castellanos (19, 6th inning off Shields 0 on, 0 Out); Mahtook (3, 6th inning off Shields 0 on, 1 Out); Rodríguez (1, 6th inning off Shields 0 on, 1 Out)
- RBI:Rodríguez 2 (10), Greiner (7), Castellanos (71), Mahtook (13), Adduci 2 (12)
- 2Out RBI:Adduci 2
- Team RISP:2-5 (Gerber 0-1, Castellanos 0-1, Adduci 1-1, Mahtook 0-1, Rodríguez 1-1)
- Team LOB:4
- Picked Off:Castellanos (3rd base by Shields)
- DP:1 (Candelario-Rodríguez-Adduci)
- Outfield Assists:Gerber (Anderson at 3rd base)
|M. Boyd (W, 8-11)||6.0||6||0||0||1||6||0||103-65||4.09||103|
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Boyd 18/23; VerHagen 4/5; Coleman 3/5; Reininger 3/4
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Boyd 17-12-21-15; VerHagen 3-4-2-2; Coleman 4-1-2-3; Reininger 7-0-3-2
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Boyd 2-8; VerHagen 0-1; Coleman 2-1; Reininger 0-2
- Game Scores:M Boyd 65
|4th||Rodríguez hit a ground rule double to deep left center, Adduci scored, Mahtook to third.||0||1|
|4th||Greiner hit sacrifice fly to center, Mahtook scored, Rodríguez to third.||0||2|
|6th||Castellanos homered to left (406 feet).||0||3|
|6th||Mahtook homered to left (387 feet).||0||4|
|6th||Rodríguez homered to left (357 feet).||0||5|
|7th||Adduci doubled to right, Candelario and Iglesias scored.||0||7|
|8th||Rondón homered to left (422 feet), Davidson scored.||2||7|
Athletics' Bob Melvin nabs AL Manager of the Year honors
Oakland Athletics skipper Bob Melvin was named American League Manager of the Year on Tuesday after guiding the team with the lowest Opening Day payroll in baseball to a 97-65 record and its first playoff berth in four years.
Brian Snitker is NL's top manager after leading Braves to East title
After leading the Braves to an unexpected National League East title, Brian Snitker has been named NL Manager of the Year. The Brewers' Craig Counsell and Rockies' Bud Black finished second and third, respectively.
Did Ohtani deserve Rookie of the Year?
Around the Horn discuss whether Shohei Ohtani deserved Rookie of the Year even though he only played 104 games this season.
MLB to investigate claims of racial discrimination vs. Mariners
MLB said in a statement provided to The Athletic that it will investigate allegations of racial discrimination in the Seattle Mariners organization made by a former employee.
Time for Giants to decide what to do with Madison Bumgarner
Forget nostalgia. With Farhan Zaidi taking over the front office, San Francisco must re-evaluate how the hero of Octobers past fits into the franchise's future.
Phillies manager Gabe Kapler loses Malibu home in Woolsey Fire
Phillies manager Gabe Kapler is thankful his family is safe after his Malibu home was destroyed in the Woolsey Fire that has burned at least 435 buildings and is threatening tens of thousands more.