- Sources: Springer, Jays reach 6-year, $150M deal
- The Toronto Blue Jays are set to land the star they've been looking for all winter, reaching agreement on a six-year, $150 million contract with free-agent outfielder George Springer, sources confirmed to ESPN's Jeff Passan.
- Hall of Fame pitcher Sutton dies of cancer at 75
- Hall of Fame pitcher Don Sutton, who won over 300 games during a major league career that spanned 23 seasons -- mostly with the Dodgers -- has died at the age of 75.
- Baez can boost option price, buyout with Astros
- Pedro Baez can boost his 2022 option-year salary and his buyout as part of the two-year, $12.5 million contract he signed with the Houston Astros.
- Hendriks' no-trade provision limited after this year
- Reliever Liam Hendriks has a full no-trade provision through October in his $54 million, three-year contract with the Chicago White Sox.
- ValleyCats, dropped as affiliate, sue MLB, Astros
- The Tri-City ValleyCats, who operated as a short-season affiliate of the Houston Astros for 18 seasons before being dropped, have filed a lawsuit against Major League Baseball and the Astros.
- Correa likely headed to arbitration with Astros
- The Astros agreed to one-year contracts with right-hander Lance McCullers Jr. and infielder Aledmys Díaz on Friday to avoid salary arbitration, but did not reach a deal with shortstop Carlos Correa.
- Predictions and updates for every top remaining MLB free agent
- Several big names are still available in January, so we asked our experts to weigh in on where the best will eventually sign.