COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- Major League Baseball Executive Vice President Joe Torre has given his instant replay proposal to the executive committee to consider as baseball's brass huddled for two days of meetings.
Commissioner Bud Selig was to address the media on Thursday morning to discuss what is on the table.
"I thought it was very thoughtful and well done," Selig said Wednesday evening. "We'll discuss it in more detail tomorrow. We haven't even discussed it."
MLB is looking at a vast expansion of video review for the 2014 season and is examining whether all calls other than balls and strikes should be subject to instant replay.
Torre said at the All-Star Game in New York last month that he was fairly confident a new system would be in place for next season. Video review has been in place for umpires on home run calls since August 2008.
"You know me, I'm always encouraged," Torre said Wednesday.
Selig initially wanted to add trap plays and fair-or-foul calls down the lines for 2013, then decided to proceed cautiously, and the change was put off while more radical options were studied.
Torre has said all options were being considered, including an NFL-type system that would give managers the ability to challenge calls.