UFC welterweight Nick Diaz has no complaints regarding the deal he signed with the promotion earlier this month in Las Vegas.
Diaz, 30, has not fought since he lost a unanimous decision to Georges St-Pierre in a UFC title fight in March 2013. The Stockton, California, native turned down several fights since then and at one point said he wouldn't consider fighting for less than $500,000.
Last week, Diaz met with UFC president Dana White and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta in Las Vegas to sign a three-fight contract extension. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Diaz said on Tuesday he is happy with the result.
"I can't complain," Diaz said. "I can't ask for anything more. I'm happy with the deal I made."
While the former Strikeforce welterweight champion said his financial situation is settled, he feels for other mixed martial artists who feel undervalued. Diaz's younger brother, Nate, is currently turning down fights in an effort to renegotiate his deal.
"It's hard out there, especially when the rest of these guys aren't getting paid what they should and they're sitting around and can't open their mouths," Diaz said. "A lot of them have a life on the side and it's very different for a lot of people.
"Sometimes you don't know what to say. You see guys trying to do what they can, it doesn't work out so they keep their mouth shut. Things can work out for you or they can work out bad. It's a gamble out there."
In the past year, Diaz has reportedly turned down offers to fight Carlos Condit, Hector Lombard and Matt Brown. On Tuesday, he reiterated his interest in only participating in blockbuster fights the rest of his career and said fighting is not enjoyable for him.
"I never really meant to make the statement that I'm retired," Diaz said. "What I meant to say is that I'm retired from 'climbing ropes.' I'm not doing anybody any favors and I'm not doing myself a favor by taking a fight I'm not happy with.
"After 37 fights, 16 years -- that'll do something to somebody. It's pretty rough. I don't recommend anybody be a fighter. Fighting is not something that I enjoy. It's something that I feel I have to do. That's just the way it is.
"Would you enjoy fighting Anderson Silva?"
Silva (33-6) has not fought since he fractured the tibia and fibula bones in his left leg during a TKO loss to Chris Weidman in December.
Diaz has fought almost exclusively as a welterweight during his career. He fought Scott Smith at a 180-pound catchweight in June 2009. Diaz said he typically puts on weight in between fights and wasn't concerned about fighting Silva at 185 pounds.
"Naturally, I don't really have a hard time gaining weight," he said. "I put in a lot of miles and work just to get down [to welterweight].
"I'm sure it will work itself out."