Bellator MMA released welterweight War Machine on Friday following reports of the mixed martial artist being the primary suspect in a Las Vegas altercation.
Metro Police confirmed that it is investigating allegations regarding the fighter's involvement in a three-person altercation early Friday morning that left two people hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.
According to TMZ, which first reported the allegations, one of those hospitalized was listed as the "significant other" of War Machine, who had his name legally changed from Jon Koppenhaver.
While the police have not released the names of the victims, adult film actress Christy Mack, who has been romantically linked to War Machine for more than a year, on Monday posted an account of the alleged attack on Twitter.
According to Mack's statement, War Machine allegedly arrived unannounced at her residence early Friday morning, beat Mack and her guest and threatened Mack with a knife. Mack wrote she was able to flee from the house and reach a neighbor for help.
Mack's Twitter account included graphic photos of her swollen face and legs. She said she suffered 18 broken bones "around my eyes" and a broken nose and lost several teeth in the attack.
"I believed I was going to die," Mack wrote. "He has beaten me many times before, but never this badly."
Mack is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to War Machine being taken into custody.
The police are still searching for War Machine, TMZ reported.
Bellator officials released a statement regarding the fighter's release Friday.
"We have a zero tolerance policy at Bellator when it relates to any form of domestic violence," Bellator president Scott Coker said. "After learning of this latest incident involving Jon Koppenhaver, War Machine, Bellator is releasing him from his promotional contract."
War Machine, 32, is known for being active on Twitter. His most recent post was at 9:14 a.m. ET on Friday and stated, "I can't believe this .... I must be cursed."
War Machine (14-5) has not fought professionally since he suffered a first-round submission loss to Ron Keslar at a Bellator event in October. A former UFC fighter, he competed on the sixth season of "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series in 2007.
He was arrested on felony assault charges in 2010 and served jail time in 2011 and '12. He signed with Bellator in 2013 and went 1-2 in three fights last year.