Aaron Pico, Bellator MMA's prized 20-year-old prospect, will return to the cage on Sept. 23 in San Jose.
Bellator president Scott Coker told ESPN on Thursday that Pico (0-1) will be featured on the main card of Bellator 183, which will take place at SAP Center and air on Spike TV.
According to Coker, the promotion is still in the process of finalizing Pico's opponent. The bout will take place at lightweight.
Pico, who signed with Bellator when he was 18, made his highly anticipated pro debut last month at Bellator: NYC. The result was disastrous, as he lost to Zach Freeman via guillotine choke in just 24 seconds.
The performance fell well short of expectations, which have been high since Pico signed with Bellator in 2014. The Los Angeles native came within one win of making the 2016 U.S. Olympic wrestling team, and he won a Golden Gloves title in amateur boxing.
As for the man who defeated Pico, Coker did not have a firm update on Freeman, who sells office furniture in addition to fighting professionally. He said there are plenty of options, however, for the 33-year-old Missourian.
"This is just us talking, we don't have Freeman's next fight yet, but maybe [David] Rickels could be an interesting fight," Coker said. "Maybe Zach versus Josh Thomson. I think Josh still wants to compete."
A lightweight fight between Benson Henderson (24-7) and Patricky Freire (17-8) will headline Bellator 183. The card also features the promotional debut of heavyweight Roy Nelson (22-14), who faces Javy Ayala (10-5).