You wanted a loaded card? You got it with UFC 225 in Chicago. From top to bottom, the matchups were among the most anticipated of the year. Headlining the night was a rematch between middleweight champion Robert Whittaker and Yoel Romero, which was slated to be a title bout until Romero failed to make weight. Whittaker was riding an eight-fight win streak, while Romero was coming off a brutal KO win against Luke Rockhold in February (in which Romero also missed weight). Whittaker ended up extending his win streak with a decision win.
The co-main event featured former UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos against Colby Covington in a battle for the interim welterweight title. Covington had impressed most recently against BJJ specialist Demian Maia, and Dos Anjos had looked dominant since moving to this weight class last year. The winner of the close fight was Covington, who is expected to face Tyron Woodley for the undisputed belt.
Other intriguing fights on the card included Holly Holm vs. Megan Anderson, Alistair Overeem vs. Curtis Blaydes, Claudia Gadelha vs. Carla Esparza, Joseph Benavidez vs. Sergio Pettis and the return of former WWE Superstar CM Punk, who took on Mike Jackson.
Here's our coverage of who came out on top.
UFC 225 storylines
• What's next for the winners and losers at UFC 225
• Robert Whittaker outlasts Yoel Romero in split-decision nontitle thriller
• Colby Covington defeats Rafael Dos Anjos to win the interim welterweight belt
• CM Punk falls to 0-2 in MMA after losing decision to Mike Jackson
• UFC 225 undercard: Holly Holm dominates Megan Anderson
• Yoel Romero misses weight; main event fight vs. Robert Whittaker in jeopardy for UFC 225
• UFC 225 Cheat Sheet: Robert Whittaker vs. Yoel Romero II
• A day with the Colby Covington, the villain of the UFC
• UFC 225 Cheat Sheet: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Colby Covington
• With court case behind him, CM Punk ready for UFC 225
• The stats that will define Whittaker vs. Romero II at UFC 225
• Who is Mike Jackson? A look at CM Punk's unlikely UFC 225 opponent
• My life as a fighter: Rashad Evans
• Megan Anderson ready for long-anticipated Octagon debut against Holly Holm at UFC 225
• Robert Whittaker determined to become "best fighter ever"
• UFC 225 undercard boasts major title implications
• Megan Anderson ready for long-anticipated Octagon debut against Holly Holm
• Whittaker-Romero rematch not ideal, but necessary
• Ex-WWE star CM Punk to make second UFC appearance
• Australian heavyweight Tai Tuivasa is a UFC prospect to keep an eye on
• Holly Holm-Megan Anderson featherweight bout added to UFC 225
• Now-healthy Benavidez sees UFC title shot next with win
• Bout between Andrei Arlovski and Tai Tuivasa finalized for UFC 225
• Rashad Evans fighting Anthony Smith at UFC 225