Former UFC champion Stipe Miocic has demanded an immediate rematch against Daniel Cormier and criticized Brock Lesnar for his postfight cage appearance earlier this month, calling the WWE star's antics "disrespectful."
Miocic (18-3) was knocked out by Cormier in the first round of their heavyweight title fight on July 7 in Las Vegas. Prior to the loss, Miocic made a record three consecutive title defenses and hadn't lost since 2014.
But the UFC and Cormier have turned their attention to Lesnar for the next heavyweight title fight. Lesnar (5-3) entered the Octagon after the Cormier-Miocic fight to square off with Cormier.
"It was a s--- show and it was disrespectful," Miocic told ESPN when asked about Lesnar's appearance at UFC 226. "I didn't think that was what the UFC was all about."
Lesnar doesn't have an official win in the UFC since 2010 and is serving a drug-related suspension until 2019.
"I thought they were going to interview me [after the fight] and I was going to ask for a rematch," Miocic said. "When Brock came in, I said, 'I'm out of here, I don't need this circus.' How can you give a guy a title shot who hasn't fought in over two years, is suspended, and his last fight is a no-contest because he was taking PEDs?"
Miocic, 35, said he's hopeful the UFC will consider booking an immediate rematch, as he believes it's the professional thing to do. When asked if he would accept any other option for his next fight, Miocic responded, "No."
"I want a title shot. I deserve it," Miocic said. "[Lesnar] hasn't fought in how long? For him to get a title shot, as I get thrown to the side? It just seems like they are desperate for pay-per-views.
"I cleaned out the division. I defended it more than anyone, and you're gonna tell me I don't deserve a chance to get it back? Get out of here. Kiss my ass if you don't think I deserve that."
Miocic said the only conversation he and UFC president Dana White have had since the Cormier fight was immediately afterward, when White apologized for Lesnar entering the Octagon and his ensuing shoving match with Cormier. Miocic said the apology didn't mean much.
"It was like a two-second conversation, he apologized for everything that happened in the cage," Miocic said. "I just said, 'Whatever.' The apology didn't mean anything. That's what they want to happen."
As far as the loss to Cormier itself, Miocic says he hasn't watched it yet. He has publicly congratulated Cormier for the win, but when asked, he admitted to ESPN he felt an accidental eye-poke in the first round affected his performance. The fight was paused momentarily after the poke, and Cormier won shortly after.
"That hurt and it definitely f---ed me up a little bit," Miocic said. "I didn't realize the referee was warning him about it until after, when my coaches told me. They were all pissed. No excuses, but that s--- hurt. And it's not like it was just a little poke, it was knuckle deep."
Cormier (21-1) intends to fight Lesnar early next year when he becomes eligible, but has not ruled out taking another fight in 2018. Cormier has not expressed much interest to date, however, in an immediate rematch.