Tyron Woodley's first two defenses of his welterweight championship were against one of the sport's elite strikers, Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson, and Woodley came out of those bouts still in possession of the belt. Now comes another challenge by a standup star.
Darren Till, who also owns a victory over "Wonderboy," will take his best shot at the champ in the main event of UFC 228 on Saturday, Sept. 8, at American Airlines Center in Dallas.
Another title fight was slated to be the co-main event, but on Friday morning Nicco Montaño was hospitalized prior to weigh-ins and her women's flyweight defense against Valentina Shevchenko was canceled.
Moving up on the bill is a battle of top strawweight contenders, Jessica Andrade and Karolina Kowalkiewicz, with the winner likely stepping to the head of the line for a title shot.
Also on the card is another strawweight fight, with former champ Carla Esparza taking on Tatiana Suarez.
Whose night will it be?
• UFC 228 Cheat Sheet: Tyron Woodley vs. Darren Till
• Key stats that will define the Woodley-Till at UFC 228
• Many twists in road leading to Tyron Woodley vs. Darren Till at UFC 228
• How big can Darren Till get?
• Till focused on building a legendary legacy
• Nicco Montaño won't defend title after being transported to hospital
• Tyron Woodley to defend welterweight title against Darren Till at UFC 228
• Kamaru Usman tagged as backup for Tyron Woodley-Darren Till title fight
• Yair Rodriguez injured, fight against Zabit Magomedsharipov canceled