Weidman mauls Munoz, wants Silva

Since Saturday, the dominant discussion in mixed martial arts revolved around who should be the next opponent for middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

That discussion probably came to a conclusion Wednesday at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., as Chris Weidman remained undefeated with a second-round TKO of Mark Munoz.

Weidman dropped Munoz with a right elbow and jumped on his fallen, bloodied victim who appeared to be out even before hitting the ground.

Weidman then jumped on Munoz and landed several punches that forced referee Josh Rosenthal to wave off the bout at the 1:37 mark.

After his hand was raised, Weidman quickly let it be known who he wants to fight next.

"I want Anderson Silva," said Weidman, who improves to 9-0 as a professional. "Give me a full training camp and a shot at Anderson Silva. Give me a shot at Anderson Silva, please.

"I was playing with the elbows. I have the reach for it. [UFC light heavyweight champion] Jon Jones showed the blueprint on how to throw it."

Weidman dominated Munoz throughout the fight, controlling matters in the first on the canvas. He attempted several submission attempts but Munoz was able to escape.

But at no time in the bout did Munoz pose a threat to Weidman.

"He caught me with that elbow," Munoz said. "It happens sometimes. He's a great competitor. He landed that elbow pretty good.

"I'll be back. I'll be back."

Munoz falls to 12-3.

Hard-hitting Te-Huna outstrikes Beltran

James Te-Huna proved too powerful for light-heavyweight novice Joey Beltran.

Fighting for just the second time at 205, Beltran ate several hard punches in the first round, including a left hook that sent him to the canvas and led to him being on the short end of a unanimous decision.

The fight was scored 30-26, 30-27 and 30-27. ESPN.com had it 30-27 for Te-Huna.

Both fighters stood and exchanged hard strikes throughout the fight. They landed a total of 206 significant strikes, the most for a light heavyweight fight in UFC history.

"He's very hard," said Te-Huna, who improves to 15-5. I hit him with some very hard shots. I thought I was going to put him away. "I hurt my hand and I hurt my foot in the very first round. But it was an entertaining fight."

Beltran, a former heavyweight, has lost three of his four most recent fights. He slips to 14-8.

Simpson successful in welterweight debut

For the first time in his mixed martial arts career, Aaron Simpson competed as a welterweight. And he looked strong.

The fresher Simpson took control in the second and third rounds to secure a unanimous decision over Kenny Robertson.

All three judges saw the fight in favor of Simpson, 30-27, 29-28 and 29-28. ESPN.com also scored it for Simpson, 29-28.

While there was little doubt about the outcome, Simpson was not satisfied with his effort.

"This first cut [in weight], I have to get used to it," Simpson said. "I have to get used to these guys' speed. I have to finish guys here at this weight. I have to put in the work."

Robertson, who took the fight after an injury forced former top 170-pound contender Jon Fitch to withdraw, started strong, landing several knees to the midsection in the opening round.

But he was unable to carry that momentum into the second round and falls to 11-2.

Carmont wins submission battle in second round

Francis Carmont won the battle of submission attempts against Karlos Vemola with a rear-naked choke at 1:39 of the second round.

Each fighter applied guillotine chokes in the first round. Neither, however, could finish.

In the second round, Carmont landed a hard front kick to the jaw that Vemola was able to absorb without much damage being done.

But he soon found himself in another Carmont submission hold, a rear-naked choke. Vemola could not escape and was forced to tap.

"I'm very happy to win this fight, my third in the UFC," said Carmont, who improved to 19-7. "I want to fight the top fighters in the division. I'm ready for that."

Vemola drops to 9-3.

Dillashaw chokes out Lee

Crowd favorite T.J. Dillashaw took advantage of a missed kick by Vaughn Lee in the first round and applied a rear-naked choke en route to a submission win.

Dillashaw immediately went on the attack (throwing punches) when the opening horn sounded, but Lee returned fire and had the Sacramento, Calif., resident briefly on his heels.

It seemed that Lee was about to take control when he attempted a head kick that missed. Dillashaw quickly grabbed an exposed leg and threw Lee to the ground.

Lee got to his feet quickly but gave up his back, allowing Dillashaw to apply a rear-naked choke -- forcing Lee to tap at the 2:33 mark.

"I just got his back and stayed calmed," Dillashaw said. "I waited for the opportunity to take him down."

Dillashaw improves to 6-1. Lee drops to 12-8-1.

Dos Anjos' awkward attacks pay off

Lightweight Rafael dos Anjos kept Anthony Njokuani off balance throughout their three-round lightweight bout by mixing up his attack -- hard punches, kicks and numerous takedowns. The approach earned dos Anjos a unanimous decision.

Two judges scored the fight 30-27; the third had it 29-28 for dos Anjos. ESPN.com scored the fight 30-27 for dos Anjos, who improved to 17-6.

Dos Anjos, who won his second fight in a row, mixed up his attack in each round, throwing hard lefts, kicks and takedowns.

Njokuani falls to 15-7 with one no contest.