Hannah to miss 4-6 weeks with broken jaw from altercation

COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri senior guard Stefhon Hannah was
released from the hospital Monday, a day after his jaw was broken
in a brawl outside a downtown nightclub.

The Tigers' leading scorer is expected to miss at least four to
six weeks and could be out for the rest of the season.

Hannah was injured outside the Athena nightclub early Sunday
morning, just hours after the Tigers returned from a 66-62 victory
at Colorado. Hannah told police that he was struck on the head by
an unknown object by at least one person whom he could not
identify, according to a preliminary police report obtained by The
Associated Press.

Tigers coach Mike Anderson said the team still hopes to have
Hannah back, but he wasn't certain how long Hanna's recovery would
take. The Big 12 conference season ends in early March.

"Right now it's indefinite," Anderson said. "You never know
how long it will take to recover from an injury."

Hannah leads the Tigers (12-8, 2-3) in scoring (14.7 points) and
assists (5.1). A junior college transfer, he also led Missouri in
scoring and assists last season.

Missouri's next game is Wednesday at home against Nebraska
(11-6, 0-4).

Hannah is the fifth Tiger player to be involved in off-court
violence or misconduct since Anderson was hired less than two years

In October, reserve forward Darryl Butterfield was arrested on
charges of third-degree domestic assault for allegedly punching an
ex-girlfriend. He was suspended by Anderson before the season
started but was reinstated soon.

Kalen Grimes, the school's leading rebounder and starting center
last season, was dismissed from the team after being arrested for
hitting a man in the face with the butt of a shotgun in St. Louis
last July.

Two days before Grimes' arrest, forward DeMarre Carroll,
Anderson's nephew, was shot in the ankle outside another Columbia
nightclub. Police said Carroll was a bystander in that incident.

And last February, reserve guard Mike Anderson Jr., the coach's
son, was suspended from the team after a drunken-driving arrest. He
has since been reinstated.

After Carroll was wounded, Anderson announced a no-tolerance
policy in an effort to keep his players out of trouble.