Men's Basketball Preview 2010-11
MORE FROM ESPN
- Adams: Mid-major primer for 2010-11 season
- Mark Adams has his mid-major primer for the season, complete with short conference breakdowns and predictions.
- O'Neil: What's hot (and not) for 2010-11
- What is hot (and not) about the 2010-11 season? Dana O'Neil has the answers.
- Gasaway: The most likely early upsets
- As the college basketball season begins in earnest, Top 25 teams like Georgetown and Duke need to be on their guards or risk being upset by a number of upstart squads.
- Katz: Must-see games for 2010-11 season
- The 2010-11 season is filled with great matchups. Here are some games you can't miss.
- Brennan: Toughest and easiest nonconference schedules
- Eamonn Brennan takes a look at the toughest and easiest nonconference schedules in college basketball.
- Lunardi Rundown: An early look at the 2011 tournament
- As a partner to 'Bracketology,' Joe Lunardi also offers his 'Rundown,' which goes into more depth on team profiles. In the first 2010-11 edition, he forecasts 'a new bubble' -- because of 68 teams -- and 19 new teams that could dance, including Arizona.
- Forde Minutes: College basketball is upon us again
- An ode to K, the season's biggest mysteries and 24 lists to get you primed for another season. Yes, The Minutes is back and ready to tip things off in style.
- Gasaway: Purdue isn't a top-10 team
- The coaches' and writers' polls disagree on how good Purdue will be this year, but John Gasaway argues that the writers' analysis is correct --- the Boilermakers just aren't close to the same team without Robbie Hummel.
- Gottlieb: 15 crazy things that could happen
- Doug Gottlieb lists 15 crazy things that could happen this season. The craziest may be that this season looks a lot like the last. Cuse may win the Big East, Duke may repeat, UCLA may miss the Dance ... familiar, eh?
- Brennan: Ranking the conferences for the 2010-11 season
- Eamonn Brennan takes a crack at ranking all 32 college basketball conferences, from the great to the not-so-great.
- Gottlieb: Top turnaround teams start in Carolina
- Doug Gottlieb takes a look at 10 teams that disappointed last season and are most likely to turn things around in 2010-11. Naturally, the Tar Heels are part of the equation, but the list goes all the way to the WCC.
- The Expendables
- When sanctions hit, walk-ons are the most affected. Mark Titus knows first-hand.
- Purdue's Popularity
- In his latest Poll Position, John Gasaway argues that coaches are overrating Purdue.
- Here To Stay
- Gordon Hayward left, but Butler won't be leaving the national stage anytime soon.
- Fisher King
- After playing second fiddle, Corey Fisher looks like the next great Villanova guard.
- To Yell Or Not To Yell?
- Why some combustible coaches help teams keep their cool -- and some do not.
- Indiana G Blackmon (knee) out rest of summer
- Memphis grants Nichols unconditional release
- NCAA must pay $44.5M for O'Bannon legal fees
- Mason leads Kansas-infused Team USA to gold
- Battle chooses Syracuse after spurning Michigan
- Duke lands 2nd-ranked hoops recruit Tatum
- NCAA ends postseason ban after S.C. flag move
- Izzo 'disappointed' in Ellis after charges
- Avery Johnson Jr. to play for dad at Alabama
- Arizona commit to play for Israeli team
- Five-star forward Isaac commits to Florida State
- Syracuse again leads NCAA men's attendance
- Michigan gets deal with Nike to outfit its teams
- ESPN 100 PG Pritchard decommits from Sooners
BLUE RIBBON PREVIEWS
Play Podcast Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg remember the life and impact of Dean Smith and chat with NCAA Tournament Selection Committee Chair Scott Barnes and Illinois coach John Groce.
Play Podcast Andy Katz & Seth Greenberg chat with Georgetown coach John Thompson III about the Hoyas' toughness and with Northern Iowa's Ben Jacobson about the Panthers' bounce-back year.
Play Podcast Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg break down Mike Krzyzewski's 1,000th career victory and chat with Indiana's Tom Crean and Tulsa's Frank Haith about their respective seasons.
Play Podcast Wisconsin C Frank Kaminsky talks about losing in the NCAA tournament last season, living in Madison, how he weighed his draft options before returning, Wisconsin's success this season and more.
Play Podcast Former NBA PG Chris Herren shares his thoughts on playing under Jerry Tarkanian at Fresno State, the character that Tarkanian possessed and the impact the coach made in his life.
Play Podcast Gonzaga coach Mark Few talks about the difference in this year's team compared to those of the past, the difficulty of winning the NCAA Tournament, Kevin Pangos' shooting ability and more.