Hall reinstated at Boise State

Boise State: Cam Hall has been reinstated to the football team, school officials say.

Hall, 22, a senior from Kennewick, Wash., left the team after he was charged with vehicular manslaughter, leaving the scene of an accident and reckless driving for his role in crash in which three people died May 7.

Last week Ada County prosecutors dropped the vehicular manslaughter charges for lack of sufficient evidence that Hall was to blame for the deaths.

Hall, who is still charged with leaving the scene, a felony, and reckless driving, a misdemeanor, requested reinstatement to the team and the school's Student Conduct Committee agreed, officials said.

Hall will be eligible to play against Bowling Green on Sept. 21, according to the statement. He is a safety who was projected to start before the accident.

Prosecutors claimed Hall drove his black Ford Mustang at speeds exceeding 100 mph on Idaho 55 between Boise and Horseshoe Bend while trying to pass a truck driven by Mark Lazinka, 45, of Boise.

Lazinka's truck slammed into a Subaru, killing driver Tony Perfect and his wife Stephanie, both 23, and their 5-week-old daughter, Zoe.

Tulsa: Tulsa safety Kedrick Alexander, who was
suspended last season after pleading guilty to a burglary charge,
will not be permitted to play this season after the NCAA denied an
appeal, the school said.

Alexander missed Tulsa's season opener against Minnesota on
Sept. 1 because of the eligibility issue, and the university said
then it would appeal. Tulsa said Friday all of its appeals have
been denied, and it will not comment on the issue. The Golden
Hurricane play at Oklahoma on Saturday.

Alexander, a junior who led the team with 121 tackles in 2003,
was not enrolled at Tulsa last fall but did attend classes this
spring. The university was seeking a waiver of the NCAA's
progress-toward-degree rule, which requires student-athletes
complete 12 hours of classes each semester toward earning their

Alexander and defensive back Terrance Thomas were sentenced in
August 2004 to deferred sentences of two years' unsupervised
probation and 120 hours of community service after pleading guilty
to second-degree burglary.

Alexander and Thomas admitted breaking into room belonging to a
member of the track team and stealing a laptop computer, a video
game console and a credit card. The card was used to buy gasoline.

Texas-Ohio State: The governors of Texas and Ohio aren't betting on
Saturday's showdown between No. 2 Texas and No. 4 Ohio State in
Columbus, Ohio. Instead, they're encouraging fans to donate to
Hurricane Katrina relief.

Ohio Gov. Bob Taft and Texas Gov. Rick Perry are asking fans to
support the Red Cross and hurricane relief efforts. Donation sites
will be set up at Ohio Stadium for people to offer cash.

Ohio State plans to donate $2 from every program sold at its
four September home games to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief

Army parachutist injured at Nevada football game
A U.S. Army parachutist who recently returned
from Iraq was injured in a hard landing in the middle of the field
at Mackay Stadium Friday night before the Washington State-Nevada
football game.

Retired Chief Warrant Officer Dave Larson of Hurst, Texas, broke
his hip and fractured his arm. He was the second of three
parachutists who jumped from a helicopter in gusty winds during a
pregame ceremony honoring the military.

Larson, a Green Beret, was coming in fast, then pulled up slowly
near the top of the stands before the wind appeared to drop out of
the parachute and he fell about 60 feet and landed on his side.
Paramedics attended to him on the field for about 10 minutes before
he was transported off the field on a truck and taken to Washoe
Medical Center in Reno.

Larson had made more than 2,000 jumps in his career. His
condition was not immediately known, but he was expected to be
hospitalized for two days, said Jamie Klund, Nevada sports information director.

"It is somewhat serious, obviously," Klund said.